Page "Back and Forward" Mouse Functions Constantly Quit Working

When using the browser, mouse control to go back and forward through page history quits working. Can still click the arrows in the upper left corner. Can also still use the “Command }” and “Command }” keyboard shortcuts successfully. To resolve I have to fully quit Brave and relaunch it. The amount of time it takes for the issue to return varies. I’ve had it return within a few minutes, and I’ve had it work fine for a couple days. This issue happens on both on both of my MacOS machines (2018 MBP and 2019 27" iMac). Have used multiple different mouse hardware including two Magic Trackpads, 3 Magic Mouse, a Logitech MX Master, and general wired mouse. When issue is happening in Brave, mouse functions are working fine in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Use Brave Browser for any length of time.

Expected result:
Be able to navigate back and forward through page history using assigned mouse buttons.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.26.74 Chromium: 91.0.4472.124 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information:
Machines have MacOS Big Sur 11.4, although issue has been happening for a couple months with earlier versions as well.

1 Like

@Exodus1818,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
Do you have any extensions installed at this time? I’m wondering if one of them is conflicting with the browser and causing the problematic behavior.

The only extension installed is BitWarden password manager.

Thank you for confirming. The most interesting part here to me seems to be that the behavior is inconsistent and may take a while to reappear after rebooting the browser. Let me reach out to some team members and see if anyone can shed some insight on this. We’re getting towards the end of the day here so I may not hear back until tomorrow.

Appreciate your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.