Options for not verified pearson before sunsetting vBATs

Ok then, but if I am free to create a new wallet through uphold website, why Brave are not allowing us to connect to uphold? Generally its quite confusing for me… @Mattches we need answers!

@sasho9522 There’s a bunch of countries that should be getting added soon. Not sure if Bulgaria is one of them. But I do know countries like Croatia were mentioned. Last updated, they were waiting for some changes on Uphold’s side. It’s never a quick and easy fix to get countries reinstated on both sides. Hopefully I’ll know more about this after the Community Call tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face: because it seems that you’ve got info from Brave or someone else. There were a thread created by you. As for Croatia if its true, then why Bulgaria wont be in the list? I mean both countries are from the Balkans and Balkans were removed from uphold.

There’s different government rules & regulations affecting this perhaps?
Also could be if there’s more fraud / scams from one region than in the other.

Yea, that was shared by Brave. In fact, I can link to below:

I know in conversation, they had wanted it all to be added back then, so about 2 weeks ago. But as you can see, that hasn’t happened. They used to try to give a lot of estimated timelines, but none of them ever worked. So now they’ve been a bit more silent on it and just telling people they are working on it. Just is a lot of stuff outside of their control.

That’s why I said I’m assuming it might be part of it when it’s added. As to why it wouldn’t be added if it’s not, that would be because Uphold has some issue where they are not yet allowing it. But we are waiting to find out. I just don’t want to tell you it will or won’t if I don’t know. And I try my best not to ever give false hope. This is why I tell you what I know and leave it at that.

2 Likes

So, any Idea what about Germany? Actually none of your Partners (Gemini / Uphold / Bitflyer) supporting us. Are we going to have a chance to claim our collected BAT or are they lost?

Is there any news for my case?
I am Italian resident, but German citizen. So, I used my German passport for the Uphold signup and verified with my Italian home insurance bill.
From Uphold’s side, they told me that it is no problem, but Brave seems not to accept this, for whatever reason.
Is there any possibility that Brave will change that?

Honestly, nobody has any clue about Germany. Brave is working on new partner but they haven’t been able to reveal much about them and what countries they’d be adding. The only hint given is that India would be able to be added again when the new partner is in place. But we still don’t know if that’s days, weeks, months, or even years away from happening.

That’s a question they can’t answer. All they say is they are sincerely trying to make it happen. However, the reality is that there will be some countries that won’t make it. They are doing what they can, though with many limitations because they will have to rely on other companies, such as exchanges.

This is because the API established by Uphold relays information to Brave on your location based on your passport or other ID. It doesn’t go by your address or anything. So all Brave can see is that your Uphold profile is complete and you submitted a document from Germany, therefore your country is Germany.

Only way is to submit passport or other official government photo ID (such as a driver’s license) from Italy and to have your country chosen as Italy for Brave Rewards. (if update ID but had selected Germany for country, then would have to reset Rewards otherwise would get country mismatch error)

1 Like

@Kay146 Just FYI, where I flagged your comment. What you’re proposing is a violation of Terms. Putting aside the idea of circumventing restrictions, the other issue is people offering those types of deals have also done it to “scam” people out of their BAT by making the promise they would forward it but then keep it all themselves.

So yeah, for both reasons, not appropriate.

1 Like

Explain “soon” I believe you mean after April.

Intergration takes atleast a month, and there is no confirmation of the exchange yet. Why are you giving false hopes?

Oh, ok, I didn’t know that. I thought the address was the important thing. Because Uphold wanted to see a confirmation such as phone bill or insurance bill to confirm my Italian address and residency. :thinking:
Thanks nevertheless. :pray:

I chose Italy in Uphold and in Brave, too, as I have my fiscal residence there. As I’m currently abroad, I just hope Brave will get that partnership up and running before April, because I didn’t bring my Italian ID as it isn’t accepted for travelling abroad. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ok, lets really hope uphold do their things on their side before April. Thanks once again for your kind help :slightly_smiling_face:

reset your brave rewards dont let brave steal your unverified wallet

1 Like

Dear @Saoiray, it looks like you have some information on the new countries to be added (at least I see it this way, sorry if I’m wrong and just unnecessarily bother you). Do you know anything on Armenia?

Uphold doesn’t offer services in there (hopefully just as for now), it is a small country with - I believe - not that much Brave users, we are still concerned though. I personally am using Brave for two years or so. And don’t want to lose my vBATs, but know no creators whom I can transfer it to.

not available in my region
I had more than 20 BAT on my account, and now I have no way to find out my Rewards payment ID to fill out the form to send a letter to support, because I am Russian, and the brave://rewards-internals/ link does not open for me. Now my wallet balance is 0 BAT and I am in India. How can I find out my balance even if you have blocked it? Or did you deceive me, take away my earned tokens? When can I see my balance? It turns out that people from 5 countries from the list of banned baht rewards cannot write a letter in support at this link due to the lack of a Rewards payment ID?

1 Like

Then why u created a wallet in your brave browser… It is for what reason??? Your custodian support only limited countries… Then freeze this browser…it seems that u don’t wanna add third world countries to the web3

1 Like

Well, the reason they can’t send rewards to the Brave Wallet is because

Brave wallet is a non custodial wallet, therefore they can’t.
Also your allegations about 3rd world countries not being supported is baseless. Last year when this issue started altogether, many 1st World countries were unsupported. Like France, Switzerland and many others.
They brought back a lot of regions from the original 19 and now list stands at 52.
Germany, a 1st World Nation is still not supported.
If you go and check the list at

You will see a lot of those regions are 3rd world.

It’s not a conspiracy theory. It’s a reality either give your bAt to some random person who’ll misuse our money or give it to brave staff because they want to steal it from un verified countries. Just uninstall brave asap.

Are you sure about that?