Only one option for start-up, home & new tab page

Then for your Homepage, set a custom web address:

I select it for the start up page, not the new tab. And when Ive selected the new tab page the same happens. I’ll make this real simple. I want Brave dashboard as start up & home page, but not new tab page, I want to select a different site for new tab, something I was able to do on Chrome

The home button would show Brave new tab, the same for start-up but I do not want new tab to be brave new tab dashboard.

@myodoc,
Is “homey” not an option for select what shows on the NTP?

No, those are the only 3 options

@myodoc,
Okay – can you show me how you configured it in Chrome then? Because I cannot set it to do what you’re describing in any browser.

I have a feeling Brave only allows one site to be start-up, home & new tab pages. And the only change is to have new tab blank.

I am able to select a site for each new tab & start-up/home

What screen capture ext are you using in Brave, the 2 I use Nimbus & ‘screenshot & screen capture elite’ wont work on Brave?

@myodoc,
In the above, you have it set to startup on the new tab page. Then you have the home button set to google news. That would be easy to do in Brave – can you please show me an example including Homey?

The google news I have an address, there’s no address for Brave new tab or for Homey start-up page

@myodoc,

:point_up: This is exactly what you have in your images above.

Yes, and I can put google news address in either window: start-up or new tab. I can not do that in Brave

@myodoc,
I’m very confused and have no idea what you’re trying to accomplish. What I sent a moment ago is in Brave and you can do that in Brave.

You can tell Brave to open on startup with any of the listed options. Want it to open to NTP? Select the option. Wnat it to open where you left off? Select that option. Want it to open to a specific page or set of pages, select that option and tellit what URL to go to.
Want your home button to go to google news? Set it to do so.

There is no difference between the images you sent on Chrome vs in Brave.

If you enable Homey, it takes over the NTP controls. You don’t have it appear on startup, but it will be your new tab page regardless and this works the exact same way in Chrome.

It will only present one for all three. Ive even uninstalled Brave & installed again. Ive switched them back & forth & it comes up the same each time.
Forget it, I’ll just drop the Brave Rewards, if I cant get to select what I want for the new tab & start up.

Whats the address for the Brave dashboard? That would solve a lot of problems & how can I select an address for the new tab?

@myodoc,
Can you go to Chrome and shoe me exactly how you have everything set up in the way you’re describing, including Homey? I’ve been trying to help but I truly do not understand what your expecting here. You can set your NTP. You can select what appears on startup. You can select what appears when you click on Home. I’m seeing the exact same options and behaviors in Chrome after installing homey and trying to configure it as you describe.