Office 365 authentication. Some apps wont authenticate

Description of the issue:
Using Office 365 on Mac OSX 10.14.5
Whether or not shields are up or down, some apps connect, and some do not.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Log in to Office 365 at office.com. So far, so good.
  2. Click Outlook, opens the web app fine.
  3. Click Planner, which runs this url: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/authorize?response_mode=form_post&response_type=id_token+code&scope=openid&nonce= {snipped token data from here}
    which results in the message below.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
02%20am

Expected result:
Web app to open

Reproduces how often:
Everytime

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Mac OSX 10.14.5
Version 0.65.121 Chromium: 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
All works fine on Chrome and FireFox

How do I get to the planner from the Outlook screen?

I do not think you can. You need to return to your Office 365 “landing page” / account portal in the Browser and launch each app from there. Or, if you are using the Teams app you can embed you plans there.

This Brave issue is regarding launching the Planner web app from the O365 landing page / portal.

Okay, created a plan. and editing… no error so far (sheilds on)

Hmmm… I always get the server loop request error. Shields up or down. Clear cache or not. Nothing I do makes it work in Brave but it works faultlessly in Chrome or FF.

It won’t stop me using Brave though! I am loving it for all the places it does work (ie everywhere else other than the Office 365 portal) :wink:

Maybe others will file reports and some clue will emerge. I notice others already have filed reports around this but the threads expired and closed.

Thanks,
Murray

Does sheilds=off help or not?

No difference whether shields are up or down. Later today I will test the Windows version of Brave to see whether it is just the Mac version. Grasping at straws but might shed some light.

@murrahl,
Can you try logging in using a private browsing sessions? Additionally, it may be related to this issue:

Ok.

1. Windows version in a normal window works fine, shields are up. Win 7 Pro, latest Brave version.
  2. Yes. incognito window on Mac version also works fine (and shields are up). Normal window does not.

Good to go by the look of it.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

@murrah
Glad to hear it :slight_smile: