Notice to all: device limit is gone!

NEWEST UPDATE:

Hopefully this goes into effect smoothly and everyone will be happy.

2 Likes

NEW UPDATE!:

So everyone should be able to connect with no issues and device limits gone. Hopefully no issues!

Many many thanks to brave Team.

Good news.

Thanks for keeping us informed, @Saoiray!

Yep, just about time.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t have the time to read the entire post. What do you mean is I can now link more than 4 devices with my uphold account? like 20 accounts or so on?

1 Like

Yeah, device limit is gone. No idea what they might implement or do in the future, but at least for the moment there are no restrictions to how many can be linked to Uphold or Gemini.

Well, that’s a piece of marvelous news. Now I can consider installing the brave browser in all of my cousins and on the family’s phones. Finally, somewhere they can be helpful.

Anyway, is this feature live for everyone, like me?

Yes, this was implemented on the back end last night. So that means the system is no longer limiting how many how many devices may be connected. However is important to note that only applies for Gemini and Uphold. The reason I’m stressing that is because people in Japan use BitFlyer and they haven’t exempted that yet.

Do we need to do something to enable this as I am still unable to do so even though this is only the second device(all time 6th) I tried verifying but still I encountered this problem

Hmm, seemed to be going well overall. Not sure what the problem might be. Guess let’s tag @chriscat and @Mattches so they can try to look into it. Not sure if they’ll say to open a ticket, if will respond here, DM you, or what. But I do know they will definitely try to get it figure out and help you when they can.

@proxynotavailable,
Please DM me with your wallet payment ID so I can take a closer look, thanks.

1 Like

so there still appears to be a limit on gemini… i have 4 devices… each one has brave, nightly and beta installed… i was able to link all of them until i got to the last one and im getting device limit reached… it is beta on android 11.

I had 279 BAT in brave rewards. connect uphold but not all was sent only 214 BAT, the rest disappeared. I sent a private message to chriscat on reddit last night, but no response. I don’t want to lose part of the BAT, please. :pensive: :pray:

Try submiting a request in the link below.

I had a similar issue and they quickly answered that missing value will be paid out in next month’s payout schedule. Maybe it’s your case too.

2 Likes

I was able to verify 7 wallets. Y’all got me hyped but I’m gonna keep it cool (I’m looking at you unpaid may reward).

Congrats to the team. Keep it up.

1 Like

hi i had few 0.250 bat lying around iin different devices after syncing 6 browser device limit reached. note . it was done after device limit is gone

Well, as it says, you’re in an unsupported region. There’s nothing that can be done about that. They had pasted not long ago to advise of changes made by Gemini. You can see which regions are supported at NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

If you’re not in one of those countries, then linking Brave to Gemini isn’t possible. If Uphold is available you can try using them. Otherwise you’ll just be earning BAT in your browser and unable to turn into cash. You will at least be able to tip content creators if you wish or hold onto BAT in your browser until your region is once again supported

Using my phone, trying to reauthorize with Uphold. Connected to my new tablet immediately.

Read the github thread and here. Reinstalled UPhold on my phone to no avail.

When I begin, the Brave Rewards say that I am Disconnected. I select it to get started. Select Uphold, select login. Prompts me to reauthorize then says “Something went wrong. Please try again.” Close Uphold, back to Brave Rewards and now it says “Logged Out”.

Rinse and repeat, no difference.

Is there a way to manually see all connections and then delete them? You know, old phones, tablets, etc.

I see you mentioned you “reinstalled Uphold” but did you uninstall and then try to connect your browser? If you had Uphold on and then tried to verify, that would be the issue. So if that’s the case, suggestion is below. Otherwise not quite sure what the problem would be except to make sure you’ve got Brave and your Operating System fully updated, settings on device correct, and maybe to clear cache and see if those play a part. But the biggest thing is making sure Uphold app is not part of the picture, as that tends to be the main culprit.

Typically what causes the conflict is because when you go to link Brave to Uphold, it opens Uphold instead. By doing this the login doesn’t ever validate in Brave and you’ll have the error. The simplest solution people recommend is to uninstall Uphold during the process. That said, you can go into app settings (So android settings, apps, go to Uphold, then change the Default settings which determines what opens it, and set it to none).

Either way, the goal is to make sure Uphold app doesn’t open. If it does, you’ll be unable to link and it will say “Something went wrong…”

NOTE
I believe things still work the same to where if your device has been connected to Uphold in the past and your device “logs out,” you’re not actually disconnected. Every like 30-90 days or so we get logged out of Uphold on our browser as a security function. All that does it prevent us from seeing our balance. The browser would still be linked with Uphold on the server side with Brave and you’d continue to receive payments.

1 Like