Nothing appears when i open a new tab

It should be showing top sites, cards and a wallpaper when a new page is open. Restarting brave by fully closing it from task manager and disabling all extensions doesn’t seem to fix the problem.

brave V.1.20.7 Nightly version.
Version 1.20.7 Chromium: 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
Still not fixed and i am waiting on a response.

1 Like

@Zephyr2,
Can you go to Settings --> New tab page --> New tab page shows... and ensure that Dashboard is selected?

it is selected on dashboard

@Zephyr2,
So does the NTP appear as blank white? Or just the image in the background?

not white but dark black because i am using the dark theme i guess.

@Zephyr2,
Can you try creating a new profile (Menu --> Create new profile) and tell me if the NTP appears in the new profile or if you get the same results?

oh yeah it works as intended any reason why this is occurring and also is there a way to duplicate my old profile because i would have to import a lot of information.

@Zephyr2,
Sorry for the late reply. Good to know that works but I’d like to try and fix the issue on your regular profile if we can.

First, can you open a new tab, right-click on the page and select Inspect, then click on the Console tab in the dev tools window that comes up? I’d like to see what errors (if any) are thrown. Take a screenshot of this window and copy/paste it here:

I’ve got a few more things to check/test after that but we may get our answer from looking at the console.

Just opened a new tap to view if there was anything wrong in the console and it seems to have fixed itself and i can see the dashboard and all the other widgets. Do you see still want to see any if there are errors in the console for refference?

1 Like

@Zephyr2,
Well that is…pretty strange. Not entirely sure how/why that happened – maybe creating the new profile “re-fetched” some necessary files or shook some stuck data loose.

No need to post the console here now if its working – it likely doesn’t show any errors. However, I’d like to keep this thread open for a while in the event it crops up again. Please let me know here if it does.

Alright thank you for your time!

1 Like

@Zephyr2,
My pleasure! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.