Not able to migrate to your new Wallet from the previous one

Not able to migrate to your new Wallet from the previous one.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. When I go to the Wallet it states I should get started with the new wallet. It also states that an existing wallet exists and that I can import it with the get stated button.
  2. It then takes me to where I should import from crypto wallets and asks that I give the password from my current wallet and then either give it a new password or use the old one.
  3. That done I receive an error in the crypto wallet password field with no explanation! My original password on your Brave wallet was 8 characters long containing lower case, upper case, one number but no special characters. However, apparently the new (to be changed t0) password must contain at least one special character.

Expected result: I expected to be able to upgrade to your new wallet but am not able to. I do not wish to lose the funds in my current wallet by taking any other action such as creating a new wallet.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.32.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Additional Information: I am on an iMac 27 Late 2013 running MacOS version 10.15.7 - Either allow me to have my original wallet returned with the funds intact or instruct me on how I should proceed to not lose my funds on your wallet.

Since I’ve had no response from this group I went back to the original wallet and all seems fine. If, in fact, the problem in transferring to the new wallet is with my original password (no special character) the original wallet does not appear to have any way to update my password. So if I wished to enter a special character into my original password I am not able to do this in any event.

I will assume I am forever blocked from using the new wallet since my original password did not contain a special character. Fini!

Sorry you ran into some trouble.

You have a couple options:
i) When you try to import via the normal continue option it should ask for your old password, once you enter that it should ask you for a new password that has the new requirements. It doesn’t have any requirement on your old password, just the new one.

ii) If for some reason that’s not working, what you can do is backup your old wallet seed words, then restore them on the new wallet.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.