Non-Functional Chrome Store Extension : Office Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides

Dear Problem-Solving Community,

Concerns
The issues pertains to the following extension : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/office-editing-for-docs-s/gbkeegbaiigmenfmjfclcdgdpimamgkj?hl=en

Installation on MacOS
Installation of extension is successful on Brave (v1.22.70 Chromium: 89.0.4389.105).

Issue Description
On regular Chrome, you can just click on any Office document that has been uploaded to Google Drive and the extension will open the Office document in its original format in the Chrome browser.
On Brave, a new tab opens up like in Chrome, but no content ever shows up after the circular progress icon is animated…

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Install the aforementioned extension onto Brave, on MacOS.
  2. Upload a Word, Excel or PowerPoint document onto Google Drive.
  3. Click on said document and wait for the extension to launch a new tab.
  4. Keep staring at the new tab and wait indefinitely.

Expected result:
The document should appear.

There is a workaround : I can open the Office document in Chrome (with that same extension) and then convert it into a Google Docs, Sheets or Slides document and then go back to Brave to work on it. But it just seems silly. So I end up using Chrome until I’m tired of using Chrome and switch back to Brave until I’m tired of not being able to open docs in Brave and then I go back to using Chrome and then I feel like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave (v1.22.70 Chromium: 89.0.4389.105)

I saw that this issue was mentioned and closed (fixed?) for Windows. Would you please fix it for MacOS ? Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.