Any way to access google docs offline?

Hi all,

I’ve been using Brave for almost a year now, both on mac and Iphone, and I find it great. The greatest great.

There’s only one thing that makes me go back to Chrome ones in a while: The ability to edit gogle docs (And sheets) offline.

any hint?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, actually the feature seems to be Chrome exclusive… But maybe I can help you anyway.
The requirements are (which you can find here):

Before you turn on offline access
You must be connected to the internet.
You must use the Google Chrome browser.
Don’t use private browsing.
Install and turn on Google Docs Offline Chrome extension.
Make sure you have enough available space on your device to save your files.

Maybe Chrome is just the prerequisite because it’s about Chrome extension. Whether Google just wants to promote itself here, or “missed it”, Brave is Chromium-based, so you can install extensions from the Chrome Store.

So try everything exactly as it says in the How-To, only with Brave. You can find the extension here. :slight_smile:

The How-To (if you don’t know it):

If that doesn’t work, you could switch between Chrome and Brave for Google Docs.

Good luck! :ok_hand:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Will try that and post updates.

the issue was reported here: Not working Google extension for Office (Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides)?

and I wonder what is the update / progress on implementation as this was from April 2

@benjaminr Issue is being investigated and will be fixed once the root cause is found. Once the fix is available it will be made part of the next release.

Thanks for your patience!

1 Like

do you know any specifics / timeline etc?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.