Not working Google extension for Office (Editing for Docs, Sheets & Slides)

The official Google extension does not work for unknown reason. In Chrome works fine.

Description of the issue:

The extension does not open any of supported file types or new document.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Install the extension from Google store.

a. Create a new document: Left-click on the extension icon next to the URL, select new Word document, Excel spread sheet etc…
b. Open an existing file: Drag&Drop file to the browser URL window.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

None of the steps a & b give any results - just empty screen. In case of pasting local URL, only info “You are viewing local or shared file” in URL bar.

Expected result:

Working extension, opening all supported file types. Possibility to start new document (selecting New document after Left-click on the extension icon).

Reproduces how often:

100%

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Win 10
Brave Version 0.61.52 Chromium: 73.0.3683.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

@ScorpioRed Thanks for reaching out! I am unable to reproduce the issue on Windows 10 x64 with brave version 0.61.52. Are you seeing this issue on a clean profile or upgraded profile?

Thanks!

Hi, in your video you are not using the official Google extension I am talking about, but some 3rd party extension. Please check out the Google store and look for the exact name of the extension I put in the topic or check the following URL (but it might change):

I am using a clean install.

1 Like

Hi, any new findings on this issue? Possibility to use this extension is a key factor for me as the official Google extension comes without any unnecessary bells&whistles and ads (unlike other 3rd party products), It’s a lite version of the official Office SW, very handy and allows direct connection with Google drive.

As I dont need (and use) full version of MS Office for basic editing of documents, as long as this extension doesn’t function properly in Brave, it makes me stay away from using it as my browser :frowning:

(I did not experience any problems with this extension under any other chromium based browsers like Vivaldi and SRWare Iron).

Thank you.

@ScorpioRed Thanks for providing exact name of the extension. I have just installed the extension, I am able to reproduce the issue which you are facing. It should work. Will log an issue shortly.

Issue is logged, please track the issue here.

Thanks!

1 Like

This official Google extension does work for me and allows me to edit Google Docs offline: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/google-docs-offline/ghbmnnjooekpmoecnnnilnnbdlolhkhi