Non-Android phone User Agent

I’ve been switching back and forth between browsers on my mobile devices, but always end up back at Brave.
The desktop mode works perfectly on a tablet, but on a phone, sometimes I find the legitimate Android browsing mode not ambigious enough, but the desktop mode is usually an UX disaster on a small, portrait oriented screen.
As far as I know the “Mobile” string can be used with the generic " X11; Linux" string, similarly to the desktop mode.
It would be nice if this feature was added to the phone version (which will obviously have to determine if it’s a phone, not a tablet).
Websites that want you to install their app if viewed from a phone could be bypassed too.

@zsoltsandor,
Thank you for reaching out to us.
The Android browser is actually going through a relatively large overhaul at this time where the Desktop and mobile app will move to the same code base. I believe this will resolve several misc. issues like the one you’re describing here.

1 Like

That would be definitely a welcome move, if it gives proper, portrait phone rendering, without nagging with the apps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.