No notification ads on Linux

Briefly describe your issue:

I’m not getting any notification ads on Linux. I’m running Fedora, where I never get any notification ads; I only get wallpaper ads. However, on my Android phone, I’m getting both wallpaper and notification ads.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

I’m running Fedora 34.

And the version of Brave is:
Version 1.27.108 Chromium: 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

Yes.

What date did you verify your wallet?

One week ago.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Have not used Brave for long enough, so no.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes, Sweden.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

N/A

With Debian (and I suspect Fedora, as well), you won’t see any notification ads unless the browser has focus. If you’re off in another app, even if the browser is open, you won’t get any ads. On Linux, the ads appear in the upper right corner.

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t think that’s the issue. I have had the browser in focus for hours and I have never seen a single notification.

1 Like

Check your ads catalog at https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/ . Sometimes it doesn’t update as often as it should. I’ve found that refreshing that page will sometimes kick things loose with the ads.

1 Like

If you are using Wayland, this is why. Brave Browser sadly does not support wayland.

open Terminal and type this echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
if it shows Wayland then thats the problem
if it shows X11 then everything is fine

Solution Use a Xorg (X11) based Distro [im using Zorin OS]

1 Like

same problem here. i am using Linux and no ads for 2 months. was getting them at first and now nothing. Shows ads in my region and have done everything else know to do.

Give it a try

Thanks, yes we are using x11 just as you suggested. This was how it was already set up. so unfortunately, that isn’t the problem. If u have any other suggestions, would love to check it out.
Thanks, Belinda

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.