No Ads on dual booting Fedora Linux, but getting them on Windows

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
Yes, I am able to receive General notifications.
Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Yes, India.

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing
I am on a dual booting system, with Windows and Fedora Linux. I get ads on Windows normally but I have never received even a single ad on Fedora, I don’t even know why.

What OS/Brave version are you using?

Brave 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (64-bit)
OS Linux

I hope someone can help me out with this.

1 Like

Hello @ricky16x

make sure that you choose india in the region setting in fedora settings

i have done that tbh

do you use vpn ?

also check notification setting in fedora setting and make sure it enabled

I generally have NordVPN on all the time? Is that a problem? Also, notifications are on.

check thiss one https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055013431-Why-don-t-I-see-any-Brave-Ads-after-enabling-them-

well it was weird since i got ads on Windows even with a VPN, but let me try if anything would change by turning off the VPN :palms_up_together:

by the way on the link i mentioned using vpn could triger the system for this
Doing so may increase the chances of being flagged as suspect, and result in issues with claiming tokens on the payment date.

is there any way to fix that? like it was weird to get issue w VPN only on one OS

according to the link there no way around that

and as i just said your windows wallet could be flagged as suspect even if you still get ads there which would lead to issue on the payment date

ah sad there’s nothing i could do

just imagine the advertiser who want to protomote in certain country ended promoting for other country

if you was one of those advertiser you would complain about that so it matter which point of view you looking at this :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.