Brave Ads and Linux Compatability

Briefly describe your issue: When using Brave browser on Linux, notification ads do not appear.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Brave is v1.62.165 (Feb 14, 2024); OS is Linux Zorin OS 17 Core, 64-bit, Wayland display

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) Yes

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? A long time ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) Sometimes I do, sometimes I do not. I do not receive notification ads either way.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

I have checked all relevant operating system settings, and I do receive other notifications such as low battery and volume, so I don’t think anything is wrong with the windowing system or permissions. I think maybe Brave just doesn’t know how to present notifications on Linux? Any insight would be helpful. Zorin is my daily driver for my old macbook, and I’m not going to change OSes just for notification ads. I have two other operating systems on which they are working. Just wanted to see if there’s something I missed, or if the dev team could look into it.

BTW if you haven’t tried out Zorin OS, it is wonderful. I’ve used many different distros but this one is the closest to Windows so no far no complaints confusing the other households users =)

Here are the relevant screenshots:

Same problem here. I get notification ads (10 per day max) on W11 and Android but not on Laptop running Zorin OS 17. Not a single notification ad on Zorin OS so far. Maybe its Zorin?

That’s funny, I have the same setups as you. Android phone and W11 desktop.

Could be Zorin I suppose, but I don’t remember seeing ads when I was running elementary OS either. I also at one point had Mint installed but I don’t think I was using Brave then…

Any chance you know how to reach out to Zorin devs just to confirm?

No idea and I don’t think that Zorin devs would waste their time on trivial things like not getting ads in brave browser.
Either change to non-ubuntu based linux and see if it works but I don’t think setting up your machine all over again just for few ads per day is worth the hassle.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.