No ads shown on Linux-Ubuntu

Briefly describe your issue:
I am getting no ads on my desktop pc but I installed brave on my phone I got an ad without a problem.
I have been using it for a few hours now.
I checked the FAQ but its mostly for windows and macOS also I have a gaming mouse g402 and I have piper installed

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS x86_64 - Brave Version 1.44.108

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) No

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes, Turkey is supported

Can you click verify and see if you get a ‘Account Flagged’ error?

I don’t get that error

Okay so you’re unflagged.
https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/
Do you see ads on this page, that page is to see how many active campaigns are, in your region

yes I do see 2 ads, there are 2 campaigners in my region active

Okay. Do you have notifications turned on for Brave in your OS?
Also do you have Brave news turned on?
Also set maximum ads per hour to 10

notifications work on my os I got this thread’s reply notifications. it is set to 10 per hour and i just turned on brave news

Do you get ads there?

Yes, I do! i just got one ads

That’s great! Also you have sponsored images turned on?

yes it`s already turned on

Okay, so do you get ads in sponsored image?

no idea maybe, it did not catch my attention.

Yeah, I feel like I’m also running into something similar on Ubuntu 22.10 (and 22.04.1 before I did a system update this week). I’m getting no push notification ads except for when I wake my device from a blanked screen or power suspend mode. All other ads appear to be working just fine.

Brave Version: 1.45.116

1 Like

Do you have any DND enabled?
If yes, please disable.
Also, your region might not have many notification ads, I get around 2 or 3 a day at the most…

Sorry I should have specified, I’m in the U.S.

As for do not disturb mode, that is and has been turned off the entire time I’ve had Ubuntu installed on this computer.

I also do want to say, kind of like I did in the last post, I am getting push notification ads but only when waking up the device up after leaving brave up on the screen. It never does it while I’m just browsing normally. On Windows and Android I tend to get 2 to 3 push notifications an hour while I’m browsing, maybe more.

To add on to my previous post I ended up running an experiment. Since Ubuntu uses the Wayland windowing system by default I decided to sign out and switch to X11 to see if that would change anything. Almost instantaneously I started getting push notification ads like I would expect. If I were to guess, there appears to be some sort of bug with Brave when you’re running it on Ubuntu using Wayland that causes it to not be able to properly know whether or not it should deliver push notification ads. After searching for it on GitHub it would appear I’m not the only who’s run into the issue.

https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/25920

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. It’ll certainly help others! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.