New sync not working

I closed Brave on my Macbook and reopened it. Saw msg for new Sync and:

“Sync Chain QR Code
On your mobile device, navigate to Brave Sync in the Settings panel and click the button “Scan Sync Code”. Use your camera to scan the QR Code below.”, and QR Code shows.

went to brave on Android, that does not match at all.
There:
I can Add New Device
Add Computer
options: QR Code or Code Words
QR Code opt also generates a QR code.

Well, can’t scan both. There is no opt to scan the code showing on the macbook Brave.

Anyone aware of this?

You’ll need Brave v.1.12.x for both desktop and Android.

v.1.12.x is still rolling out for Android. So you’ll receive an update from Play Store in coming days.

@apachewolf,
As @eljuno said, in order to use Sync, you’ll need to have the update to v1.12.x for both/all devices on the chain. Can you check and see if you have received/are using the latest Android release (Menu --> About Brave)?

Its not working for me either

Version 1.12.112 on Windows
1.19 on IOS

Will this be fixed in a future IOS version or is there something wrong ?

@YaoGrass,
iOS Sync implementation is currently being held up by the Apple App store. We hope to have this pushed out as soon as possible. Until then, Sync v2 is only compatible with desktop and Android devices. Apologies for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for letting me know

1 Like

I have version 1.12.113. I tried it again, starting from my droid. This time a camera-like option opened, and I could scan the QR code from my MBA.

Before, I started the process on my MBA. I wonder if starting it from my droid instead of the MBA made it work.

Similar issue here, except that despite “Scan Sync Code” not being an option, I can scan the QR if I clear my entire sync list and then select “I have a sync code.”
However when I scan the QR code displayed on my desktop with my ipad, my ipad will just add itself, and not my desktop.

I’m also having issues scanning the QR code as it will ‘accept’ the code before I can even aim my camera at it properly. A small corner seems to be enough. Maybe that’s why?

Yes, I have an iPhone and I have the same problem. The instructions do NOT match what my mobile lists. I have no “SYNC” button and no way to scan the QR Code. Very frustrating!

Any update on the bookmark sync for iOS?

Will be available in the very next iOS update which has been submitted for review :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update! Great news!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.