Update: Bitdefender has released an update which fixes this issue.
Seems like it solved the issue as I can now enjoy Netflix once again!
Been having this issue for a few weeks, opened an issue on github regarding this and want to share details for anyone who has this issue (unless I’m the only one )
- Netflix produces errors on playback (plays for first few seconds)
Issue doesn’t occur with any other browser (Chrome/FireFox etc)
Issue only occurs using Bitdefender products (Could be other Anti-Virus applications haven’t tested)
- Install any brave build: Beta/Dev/Release
- Visit netflix and install widevine, watch video
- Close browser then open (widevine plugin is updated in background)
- Close browser then open netflix stops working and gives errors
- Exclude the following file path from your Anti-Virus application:
C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe
- Netflix – Widevine will work again
Specific details on this issue found here.