Netflix, error code m7702-1003

I just downloaded and started using Brave Browser. Everything is really great but then I decided to watch some series in Netflix and I got this error message. I checked every update and everything was up to date then enabled protected Content and enabled widevine but didn’t work at all. Now I realised that not only in Netflix but I can’t watch anything in any streaming service. Am I missing something? I’d appreciate if anyone replies. Thanks in advance.

@EnderEf, it would be helpful to know which operating system you’re using and what version of Brave you have installed. This information makes a big difference in providing accurate suggestions and figuring out what might be going on.

For example, on Android, I wouldn’t suggest creating a new profile or checking for issues with extensions. But if you’re on desktop, these could be useful steps. Additionally, the location and availability of certain settings can vary depending on your OS.

Yes of course. I don’t know why did I not write that. I use Windows 11 Home and its version is 23H2 right now. and I’m in Turkey.

Hello,

I got a similar problem with same Windows 11 version 23H2 (build 22631.4169) in France and Brave 1.70.117.
It don’t work either with shield down.
Also, I tried Netflix in a private Windows and I got the same problem, so I doubt that’s a cache issue.
I have the option “Sites can play protected content” on by default.

Last note, the previsualisation works (ie videos start automatically with image and sound on main Netflix Menu) but not when we click on it when to watch the full film, we then got the error message ie Error Code M7701-1003 and “Please visit chrome://settings/content/protectedContent and make sure “Sites can play protected content” is selected.”

I was hoping to use Brave to get ride of Netflix ads they newly introduced. Too bad but maybe it’s related.

Edit: I also tried enabling Widevine to no avail.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.