My brave ads and rewards are not growing

My brave ads and rewards havent moved for a week or so now. I even upgraded the app. I use only this app and I’m online all day everyday. So I’m not sure what I can do or can tech look at this??!
Screenshot_20210318-185149_Brave|243x500

No ads, BAT has remained constant for 5 days. I do not see any one from Brave responding to these posts either. Wondering who we are really presenting issues to? I am using MacBook Pro. My Windows 10 account works fine.

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

@mkneisler,
Please take just a moment to thumb through the issues on this site and tell me again whether or not we respond to these issues. Also consider that the majority of users who encounter “issues” like these aren’t actually encountering issues, and it’s often a misunderstanding of the way the system functions. We do our best to respond and address every issue and we would appreciate your patience and understanding.

:point_up: For you, the issue is seems to only be that you’re not seeing ads, because if you’re not seeing ads, you’re not earning. Further, the number that will increase in real time would be the Estimated earnings in Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Ads, not the number in the Rewards panel as shown in @fiky2067’s first message. On your Macbook, can you please go to Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Ads --> 7-day Ads history and share a screenshot showing the last ad you saw along with the date it appeared as shown below:

@fiky2067,
For you, you’re saying that you believe there is an issue because your Rewards haven’t increased for a week. I will again state that the panel you’re showing will not increase until you are paid out. What will increase is your Estimated earnings in Settings --> Brave Rewards --> Ads. Can you also share a similar screenshot as described/shown above?

Rosiecar,

Here is more information. See my responses below in bold red.

Also, I have found that the Brave Browser is absolutely locked up. So here are details, I can see ads in the browser. There are NO notifications of ads. So, ads that appears in the browser on the home page are the ones that I can see. However, once the browser ad is seen, the BAT never increments.

What I did is download Brave Beta and that works perfectly!! Ads in browser, once viewed increment the BAT properly. Also, I am seeing notifications and once selected, the BAT increments properly.

Both browsers have the same settings in System Preferences.

Thank you for your help.

Matthew

Mattches,

Hello. There are 2 issues. Brave browser does not increment BAT when an ad in the browser is viewed. BAT has been frozen for about one month now. Notifications also do NOT appear but Mac System Preferences are wide open to receive all notifications for Brave.

Interesting point, I downloaded Brave Beta and it works perfectly. Viewed ads increment BAT and notifications work perfectly. Brave Beta works perfectly. But the Brave browser has a problem.

Thank you.

Matthew

@mkneisler,
Can you please send me a DM with your wallet payment ID, found on your brave://rewards-internals page?

@mkneisler,
Please send me this information in a direct message here on Community, as it is sensitive and should remain private.

Mattches,

I did not know what DM was. So, I just sent a message to you directly. I believe I did it correctly… Let me know if that works.

Thank you.

Matthew

Mattches,

Today the BAT count and ads are not working all are now frozen on all of my Brave installations. This includes Brave Beta.

Matthew

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. No ad pop-ups in over a week. Full-tab ads never increment BAT. Haven’t earned any BAT in over a week.

1 Like

I’ve the same problem as well, for 3-4 days I see no brave ads even if the period is set to 5 ads per hour and my brave rewards are not increasing either.

i have stopped seeing Brave Ads,

i read through the following
documentation that you linked

Why don’t I see Brave Ads? 5

Brave 1.22.71 Chromium: 89.0.4389.114 (Official Build) (32-bit)

OS Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

I checked one more time a checklist:

Some setting configured incorrectly
(I don’t know, but I didn’t change anything and it worked)

Had some device or software installed conflicting with the feature (Ads)
( I toffled off all for the browser)

Had hit their cap for ads received per day and/or had no relevant ad campaigns running at the time (which may appear as though ads “just stopped”)
(Can’t check that, but the issue is almost a 2 months old)

Were looking at the wrong numbers to make the call that ads weren’t working (for example, seeing their wallet stay at 0BAT – as it should until payout – but didn’t realize their estimated earnings for the month was increasing)
(That, I’m sure it’s okay)

Had a gaming mouse/peripheral enabled (known issue)
(I saw the issue was only on Windows 7)

Had wallets that were flagged for fraudulent activity
(That it’s okay too)

thank you for your time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.