I haven't received any ad for two weeks ago

If you are unable to or have stopped seeing Brave Ads, please read through the following posts first to ensure that basic troubleshooting steps are checked:

After reading the above, if you’re still having trouble viewing ads, please answer the following:

Are you able to receive general desktop/push notifications?
You can test this by visiting https://www.bennish.net/web-notifications.html and forcing a push notification to appear.

Are you in a supported region (if so, which one)?
Check https://brave.com/transparency and confirm that you are in an applicable region

Give us a brief description of the ads behavior you’re seeing
I received ads about computers and cryptocurrency, but now, I don’t receive any ad for any topic.

What OS/Brave version are you using?
Please copy/paste the top 3 lines of your brave://version page

Brave 1.11.97 Chromium: 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revision 19abfe7bcba9318a0b2a6bc6634a67fc834aa592-refs/branch-heads/4147@{#852}

If you had already read the FAQ an none of this matches your situation.

Just to mention, this month lots of users had been reporting that they don’t receive ads since last payout (that also matches with the new update) and aperently is only affecting windows and mac users. I really don’t know if the issue is resolve, but since i still see threads with the same title (" i not receiving ads") i think not.

Today i have read a comment from a user with the problem described saying that on nightly versión was displaying ads, so probably the issue is in stable versión since the last update. I have a Windows machine also with the same problem, i have tried what this user said and, yes nightly on Windows is reciving ads while stable no.

In mean while developers are working in a proper solution.

In any case, on the last points of my comment, i do not know if it fits in your situation, but is good to know that an issue exist.

1 Like

Yes, technically that’s my problem. But I didn’t know that the problem come from the new update of Brave. Thank you for the information. I hope that the developers can solve this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.