Not receiving ads for the past month and a half

Dear all,

I trust this letter finds you well.

In the last month and a half, I’ve received only 1 ad in total (although I have my ads set to max 5 per hour). I understand that the no. of ads per hour category is merely a set preference, and not an obligation. I also understand that, on some days, one may not see any ads at all (and I’m perfectly fine with that). However, 1 ad per 1,5-month seems a bit of a stretch.

Now, I’ve gone through all the steps enumerated here: FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?, but to no avail. I’ve also forwarded my “rewards internals” info (received here: brave://rewards-internals/) to the help center, but have unfortunately received no response.

I’d also like to add that I’ve been unable to claim the BATs earned in April and May (not that I can boast with an amount worth mentioning :)). Perhaps the two problems are somehow related?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,
S.

I have the same problem, I cant earn any BAT from my windows Desktop, can anyone help me out?

@Trimegistos @Disguise can you both make sure that your region and language was set to your location?

Hey, @eljuno!

Where exactly do I check my region, if you don’t mind my asking?

Best,
T.

In your OS settings @Trimegistos.

Hey @eljuno,

thanks for your feedback; could you be a tad more specific, please (I can be clumsy that way)? Where/how exactly do I check that?

Thanks for y’r help in advance!

Depends on your OS.

Also FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

1 Like

Hey, @eljuno

sorry for the belated response (busy days); anyway, I’ve checked the language and local settings, and they’re OK. Would the fact that I’m using windows 8.1 matter in any way?

Also, note: I was receiving ads normally, but they stopped all of a sudden (an I’ve received maybe one ad in one month and a half or so).

Any further suggestions perhaps?

Also, I’ve found an interesting discussion on a somewhat similar issue here:

@ gsarvadnya provided a useful link where one could check the available ad categories in one’s region are. Unfortunately, the link seems to be dead now. Does anyone have a new/fresh one?

Also, are there are any relevant ad restrictions for someone hailing from Slovenia?

Update:

So, now, not only do I no longer receive BAT’s but the ones I did receive are no longer visible after having restarted my computer.

Is there anyone who can help with these issues or have we ran out of all the options? If the latter, than I’d say that’s a pretty dark blotch on the Brave user experience (claims vs. reality).

Regards,
T.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.