Sounds coming out from the same tab

I have multiple tab of youtube and twitch open and audio are coming out from the first tab that is playing it from.

Example: When I start watching a streamer on twitch on tab A and than open another twitch on tab B and watch a different streamer. The audio icon is showing on tab A and not on tab B but I can hear both audio content of both streamer on tab A. Muting tab B will not effect anything and can still hear from both tabs but muting tab A will mute from both content. I use mute tab and not mute site. The same thing also happen when I did the same for youtube.

Expected result:

Brave Version 1.63.162 Chromium: 122.0.6261.69

1 Like

Same issue described here, really annoying. Might straight up switch browser if I can’t find a solution soon.

@Lexzy When you’re muting, how do you choose to mute? I just tried to replicate on YouTube. What I did was created multiple tabs with all different videos. Then I used the sound icon on the tabs to mute the tabs, which worked. Sound only came through one tab.

I tend to just click on the speaker icon to mute/unmute, but then I just tested by doing right click on tab and choosing the options worked as well.

I tested on Version 1.63.162 Chromium: 122.0.6261.69 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 11 Pro.

Then tested on Twitch, but worked as intended.

Whatever mutes on each tab stops, nothing happens from there. I only hear sound coming from any tab I don’t have muted.

If you can provide a video of it happening, might be helpful. Otherwise at least a walk step by step of what you’re doing when the issue occurs. It may also be helpful to know some of your settings and/or for you to try some of the basic troubleshooting steps and provide feedback. For example:

• Are you using normal tabs or vertical? (I tested both and can’t replicate, but just wanting to make sure)

• Does this happen in Private window as well?

• Have you been able to try this in a new profile? Go to Hamburger Menu
    imageMore ToolsAdd new profile and test on that without changing settings or adding extensions.

• Have you changed anything at brave://flags?

• Can you test on Brave Beta or Brave Nightly and see if the issue persists there as well?

I managed to get a video of it on a guest profile using Version 1.63.162 Chromium: 122.0.6261.69 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 10.

https://streamable.com/q09sk2 (File too big to upload here)

I should note that Youtube wasn’t doing it earlier today, but is now back to having the issue again. I haven’t changed any settings or added any extensions in months.

1 Like

I had some time now and tried out Brave Beta and the issue did not appear, but I don’t really want to migrate to the Beta. Hopefully this means the issue will be fixed in the next update

Tagging @Mattches in hopes he checks your video and to see if any feedback after

Looking into this — as I said in the other thread, this is not something I can see on my end which is strange. I get the same behavior as @Saoiray.

Should be hearing back from some team members about this soon.

3 Likes

I’ve opened the following issue to ensure that our devs take a look:

3 Likes

Thank you for opening a ticket. Rather than the tab mute button not working, I would say the problem is that all site audio is coming from one tab, instead of each tab having separate audio.

1 Like

I literally created an account because of this issue not being resolved. I use Brave on a Macbook Pro, so please no questions about Windows, Chrome, or Firefox.

When I open multiple tabs from the same type of site (see: screenshot above), Brave links the sound for all of them and only lets me mute whichever tab was opened first. Problem is, it may look like the same site, but there are different things playing in each tab. In my case, multiple tennis matches.

Sometimes, I need to mute certain tabs because of commercials, background music, or a loud noise during a break which interferes too much with other matches still in play. Some streams are louder than others, so lowering or raising the volume within a tab isn’t always enough. Sometimes, I simply need to mute the 2nd & 4th tabs but keep tabs 1 & 3 in play, etc.

Can we please just fix this? I’ve seen multiple threads created about this issue dating back various years & it never seems to be adequately resolved. I’m very good about doing the regular Brave updates when prompted.

Please excuse any typos.

2 Likes

Another note:

Whenever the primary tab playing the sound for ALL of the similar tabs gets closed, it throws off all the other tabs. Meaning, the tennis streams will automatically pause / stop playing / freeze & start buffering.

If a tab refresh is insufficient, I have to close out all the streams, go into history, reopen them, & then select a new one to be the primary tab playing audio for all of the remaining tabs. It’s a nuisance.

1 Like

closing the single tab with volume icon will also make other tabs of the same source unable to play video… rly annoying

2 Likes

I do not know which update fixed it but as of
Brave Version 1.64.109 Chromium: 123.0.6312.58 (Official Build) it seems to be fixed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.