Money transferred to Brave Browser from Uphold without authorization

Briefly describe your issue: Not sure where the amount has gone from my UpHold Wallet to my Brave Browser. I have only used one account for always syncing my account - [email protected]

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no) Yes

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the [SafteyNet] Yes(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.freeandroidtools.safetynettest&hl=en_US&gl=US) check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner? Yes

Could you recheck if all brave instalations connected to Uphold have autocontribute turned off ?

In the image it says from Brave Browser to your CAD account?
I think you converted to CAD. So you basically exchanged BATs to CAD.

@Saoiray @Aman_M am I right ?

Yeah SmartyAadi seems to be right, this looks like user initiated conversion to CAD. @mohammedrhuss You should check your CAD account 2 history in Uphold to see where the funds have gone.

1 Like

Hi
This is the Transaction I was actually referring to. Auto Contribute was turned off. I don’t see it in my account

Ok, then see your Brave Browser account history in Uphold to check where your BATs went to.

I only have one active installation on my current system. Is there anyway I can see the other installations or close out the other installations?

Don’t think there is way for that.

Well, if Brave had taken it, you’d see a different transaction screen and history. The one you’re showing is something you would have had to initialize. Originally you converted your BAT to CAD but then for some reason you converted it right back. I’m not sure what got hit for that to happen, but it should all still be visible.

What I’d suggest you do is contact Uphold to inquire on it and see if they can resolve it, since this happened within Uphold.

Contact either at [email protected] or via an Uphold Support Ticket

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.