Mobile Rewards won't Sync with PC or go to Uphold

Been having this issue for months everything was fine before. I already went to uphold support and confirmed I am verified and directed me to this community forum.

Haven’t hear any response for my issue…Bump

@ScuzzyHoulihan Your question doesn’t give any information for people to be able to help. When it’s an open and generic thing, it will often get overlooked. There’s also a conflict such as how you mention it syncing with PC, which rewards don’t sync between devices. Also you tagged for Android but then include PC, so it’s a little more confusing.

Do a favor and answer the below questions so we have a better starting point to understand your issues:

1. Which devices are you using?

2. For each device, which version of Brave are you using?

3. Are you able to see ads on each device?

4. When you check rewards, does it show a balance for BAT? (don’t need to say how much, just need to know if you’re earning BAT or not)

5. Are you receiving absolutely nothing to Uphold or are you saying only one device is not paying out to Uphold?

Even with this, we’ll have more questions, but it at least helps narrow it down the issue a little bit better.

1 Like
  1. Which devices are you using?
    Pixel 4a (5G)
    HP Elitebook 1020 G2

2. For each device, which version of Brave are you using?
    Pixel 4a (5G) - 1.34.81
    HP Elitebook 1020 G2 - [Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

3. Are you able to see ads on each device?
    Yes

4. When you check rewards, does it show a balance for BAT? (don’t need to say how much, just need to know if you’re earning BAT or not)
    Yes, I see the balance.

5. Are you receiving absolutely nothing to Uphold or are you saying only one device is not paying out to Uphold?
    Only one Device is not paying to uphold and that is the mobile device. When I select verify wallet it prompts me to login to my uphold account but it just takes me back to login again ever time I do login.

@Saoiray Bump please check the above as requested.

@ScuzzyHoulihan oh, hey. Sorry. Didn’t get a notification until you just tagged me and I’m always bouncing all over the place, so it’s easy to lose track of threads.

I’m pretty sure Brave version was different, but it’s been a week. Make sure you’re using the newest, which is 1.35.100 if you haven’t updated. That “can” make a difference, but I doubt that’s it.

I should have asked if you literally meant “sync” but we’ll skip that for the moment, as that’s different from your Rewards paying and all. Yet I will have to ask, you didn’t clone the browser over from one device to the other, right? You had done a “clean” install from Brave and then just been trying to get it signed into Uphold? Asking as if you did copy/paste folders over, that can cause issues. Assuming clean install and just not able to get signed into Uphold, that’s weird.

First thing I’d suggest is to make sure your settings aren’t blocking Fingerprinting or Cookies for the site. I can’t remember if that portion of the screen automatically turns off Shields or not, so I guess just saying it’s good to make sure.

If that doesn’t do anything or Shields already had been deactivated automatically, then open up a separate tab and sign into Uphold from your Android. If you are able to sign in, try to then keep that tab with you signed in open and try to Verify in a separate tab, just in case it might help connect. (This has been a solution for some)

Other thing I’m going to ask, you’re not getting any message popping up when it’s looping back around, right? Where this is important is I just finished reading someone else who has a similar issue but they ended up finally revealing they had been seeing Wallet Limit or whatever, which is why it didn’t connect.

Only other step I really have off the top of my head at that would be if you want to clear cookies and all, but that will erase a lot of stuff in Brave, so maybe not good to do. At that point I’d have worked through some of the basic troubleshooting and would be asking Mattches or someone else to help figure it out.

@Mattches Any ideas? I was trying to pull from prior support and things I’ve learned, but have a feeling I’m missing something.

@ScuzzyHoulihan,
When you go to verify via Uphold, are you using the Uphold app to authorize (this typically launches automatically) or are you using the Uphold website?

@Mattches @Saoiray
No worries for response time I’m juggling multiple things at once also :slight_smile:

I’m using the uphold app. I’m just trying the steps provided above right now. Just updated the browser, turned shield off, cleared all history, cache and rebooted the phone. Seems to have made some progress but now when I go to authorize and it try’s to sync I get this message “something went wrong, Please try again”.

@Mattches @Saoiray

So I think I am on to something I deleted the uphold app from my phone and tried to verify and I get the following message.

“Error: device limit reached
your wallet cannot be verified because you’ve reached the maximum verified device limit.”

Anyway to remove old devices I don’t use? I did have the browser on my previous cell phones but I don’t own those phones anymore.

@ScuzzyHoulihan Mattches will actually be the one to do it. To get it handled, you’ll need to fill out Wallet unlinking request form

Also you can see his post where he linked to that and provided a bit more info at Unable to re-verify wallet - #118 by Mattches

@ScuzzyHoulihan Oh yeah, and other thing. Someone else posted about how they went to verify with Uphold and were using the app. I guess when they went through the process, it kept opening their Uphold app and caused the loop you mentioned. Once they uninstalled the Uphold app, they were able to do everything just as was intended.

Mentioning just in case it might help or matter in the future. But I guess for now, you’ll be getting the wallet unlinked and then done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.