Multiple Devices, Rewards Not Syncing

I’ve been using Brave for a little while now and decided it to throw it on my mobile, as well as a PC I just purchased.
I’m logged into my wallet on all three devices, however, the rewards aren’t syncing? On one device I have .9 BAT, on another I have .1BAT, and on the third I have .1BAT.

After syncing all of the devices shouldn’t the BAT total be combined since they’re all on the same account?

Version: 1.26.77

**Is your browser wallet currently verified? Yes

**What date did you verify your wallet? Today for new PC/phone

**Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? Yes

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? Yes

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold?? Yes

Did you have any old devices which were connected to the Uphold Account?
Or have have you ever deleted and re-installed Brave?
Or updated your device/ reset it?

Each device has their own BAT that until it transfers to Uphold, the other devices will not show it. As you said for example, the .9 BAT will not show in your other devices showing .1 BAT. Since you said you have received payments in the past and have a verified wallet, come August after payouts are complete all your devices will have these BAT transferred to Uphold and then you will see your wallet balance on all devices, however, all devices will not share the same estimated pending rewards. Each device will show their own estimated pending rewards that will not combine all 3 devices together until finally when the rewards are transferred to Uphold, then everything will show the combined balance in the Uphold walllet.

2 Likes

I did not, I currently only have three.

I’ve never deleted/reinstalled since I downloaded it.

I shutdown all devices at night and update them as needed.

Alright, so rewards aren’t synced until they’re settled into Uphold?

Correct. Each device has their own local wallet. Although yes bookmarks passwords and other settings may be synced across devices if you use the sync code, rewards do not. Each device is treated as its own rewards. After payout date which is usually 5-7th of the month, so come August once all three of your devices send their rewards to Uphold, then all three devices connected to uphold will show the combined balance of that wallet. However, each three devices will continue to start to accumulate new rewards for the start of the month and will never sync with each other as that is how it works unfortunately. But do note as @ItzMeRajat stated, be aware of Uphold’s 4 max lifetime device limit. A reinstall will count towards it. So be very careful from this point on not to re install or you will lose a device count. There is absolutely no way to perma delete old brave accounts on Uphold and regain that slot. Gemini wallet will be coming next month I believe giving you a possible 4 more devices. Unknown if you can delete old devices on Gemini at least, or if brave will even let us have 4 on Uphold and 4 on Gemini.

2 Likes

So if my phone dies, or I need to get a new computer, I’d need to create a new Uphold wallet?

Well you would be at device limit 4 at that point. 5 if you did it to phone and computer. and the fifth device and any future will never send to Uphold. IDK if you can create a new uphold wallet I doubt it as they have all your info already, ID, social etc. Your only option in the future once you exceed the 4 device limit is to implement any future wallet custodians they may have such as Gemini.

Yeah you have to create a new account.

Or you can wait for Gemini (Same as Uphold) to be launched (Next Month).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.