BAT earned on Android device not going to Uphold

I recently set up an Uphold account, and while my rewards from my desktop came in OK, there’s tons of BAT from my phone stuck in limbo, and appears to be a different wallet entirely despite being synced. It’s showing I currently have 8.500 BAT in my wallet (what wallet, I do not know, not the one connected to Uphold) as well as 140.500 BAT, which is also not in my Uphold account.

This is several months worth of ads here, so if this is lost I probably won’t continue using the browser.

Thank you for reporting! Please DM with the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

The same issue is happening to me. All of the funds from transferring mobile to desktop via the QR code are just sitting on my Macbook. Every other desktop I use shows the Uphold balance, while the Macbook is the only machine that shows the correct balance with the mobile rewards.

I have the same issue, had a tiny amount of BAT on desktop, and around 80 BAT on android (so above the 25BAT limit), verified both with Uphold, the desktop BAT transfers automatically and shows up on all devices, but the mobile BAT does not go to uphold… I feel like there should be a manual transfer function and not have to rely on some automated system (that seems broken for a few people)

I have the same exact issue. Have Brave installed on 3 desktops and mobile. All showing Verified to the same Uphold wallet but the BAT showing on my mobile browser does not ever sync to my Uphold account. I lost quite a bit of BAT in the past trying to fix the issue by uninstalling/reinstalling the app. I have now 60 BAT that I don’t want to lose however I cannot get it into my Uphold account. @steeven are you able to help?

@stinkytuscadero - please see DM.

I’m in the same boat. I’m showing 36 BAT on my device, and says the wallet is verified and looks to connect to uphold, but the amount on this device is not showing in the uphold wallet.

Same issue here…

I am currently facing the same issue. I have two android devices and two windows 10 devices. The windows devices appear to have synced properly (only 1 BAT short currently), but I have about 35 BAT stuck on one of the android devices. I cannot sign the other into Uphold until I have have 25 BAT to test it. I am starting to get a little worried that the 35 BAT on local Android will never sync with Uphold.

Edit- After some more research I think the problem may stem from old computers/windows installations I no longer use… How can these old machines be removed so I can continue earning on my new phone and computer?

Hi @Josh611, there’s currently a lifetime limit of 4 devices/ wallets with Uphold/ Brave. It sounds as though you’ve surpassed that limit by upgrading your Androids… the two you’re having issue with?

Thank you for the reply. It is hard to remember exactly what order each device was registered. If this is the case then it means a Brave user cannot buy a new phone or computer throughout their life which would be a deal breaker for me as far as using Brave browser. Should one close their Uphold account and open another? This is a huge headache for something that feels very simple.

I do understand @Josh611 . There is talk that this may change, but I realise that’s little consolation right now.
There’s also Gemini, which has no limits (or a more reasonable, higher amount, anyway). Unfortunately, Gemini is only available for Creators at this time, but it will be implemented in a near-future rollout for all users.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.