[MacOS] what is the number on the Brave icon?

Recently, a number is shown with the Brave icon on my Dock. Currently it is 12. I’ve looked in preferences to see if maybe it had to do with updates or any other setting I need to modify but I haven’t found anything. I am currently running Brave V1.8.96 on a Mac running Catalina.
much thanks

Hi @jprokopek - welcome to community! Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing? I can’t think of what that would be.

I’ve attached a screen shot. The number was 12 for the past couple of days. I just noticed that it jumped to 27. Maybe they’re lottery numbers? :blush:

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 10.58.01 AM.png

@jprokopek, The number you’re seeing next to the Brave icon is for downloads. Are you downloading a lot of files / Are you currently downloading something?

Funny you should say that. I tried to download something a while back and nothing seem to happen so I might have clicked on the link one too many times in frustration. There was a download bar at the bottom of the browser window at one time and I couldn’t figure out how to get it back. Is there a way to stop/cancel the current downloads?

thanks

It is strange, my download folder doesn’t have any downloads later than yesterday morning and my browser has been up all this time. So it seems that nothing is being downloaded.

Btw, how do I get the download bar on the bottom of the browser?

thanks

@jprokopek, the download bar at the bottom of the browser will appear once you’re downloading something.
If it does not appear that means there’s something that’s blocking it from appearing. Try disabling your extensions to see if they’re blocking it.
Also, can you hit the option + command + L shortcut that will open all your downloads, there can you clear your downloads to try and remove the number next to the brave icon.

That’s weird. The number shows that there are x number of downloads in progress but the bottom bar that shows the files currently being downloaded wasn’t displayed. Strange. Restarted the browser and all is well. Thanks for your help with this issue.

1 Like