Lost my BAT after asked my country

Briefly describe your issue:
I have opened my Brave browser this morning, and the Brave reward asked me the country I live in to show me ads related to my location (I live in the United States). Once done, I lost all of my BAT in my balance (It shows 0). The history is also empty for the last months.

I also checked my Android, and the BAT I earned in November disappeared as well.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows: Version 1.46.134 Chromium: 108.0.5359.94 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Android: Brave 1.45.133, Chromium 107.0.5304.141 (Android 13; Build/TP1A.220624.014)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

No

What date did you verify your wallet?

Few minutes ago (Dec 7, 2022)

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Never tried

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes (I live in New York)

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?

Yes (I live in New York)

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Yes for Android

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to a custodial partner?

N/A

That’s weird. Shouldn’t be happening. We’re you connecte to Uphold / Gemini prior to selecting the region and now appear as unverified?
In very rare case ( as mine) it automatically disconnected from Gemini. So if it disconnected for you as well that could cause it showing BAT in rewards wallet instead of Uphold / Gemini.

+1 - Same exact thing happened to me here as well. I have about maybe 6 devices connected, and am verified through Gemini.

I went to check on my rewards bc it is about that time of the month and I don’t remember seeing anything about them and got the same message about what country I am in. I am also in the U.S.

My total BAT has remained the same, which is good, but all of the BAT I earned last month is not referenced anywhere and in fact, when you visit brave://rewards and check “Statements”, it shows 0.00 for November, which is totally incorrect.

It is this way on all of my devices - different laptops (both Windows and Linux), and my Android Mobile phone. I got this question on all of them. How ironic this happens when last month was probably my highest earning month ever due to being online often bc of Holiday shopping.

Sucks it is happening at all, but glad it’s not just me.

Would you mind submitting your issue here? https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1900000382047

Please DM me your ticket number once completed.

Thank you!

Brave Support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.