BAT rewards disappeared when linking Gemini account

Briefly describe your issue:
I had been using Brave for months with no wallet verified or connected and accumulated a couple of BAT. Upon linking my Gemini wallet, my BAT balance within the browser was reset back to 0 BAT. No BAT show in my Gemini wallet either.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using ( Menu --> About Brave )?
Brave is up to date

Windows 10
Version 1.31.91 Chromium: 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
Yes, Gemini wallet

What date did you verify your wallet?
November 14th, 2021

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
No, this is the first I set up my wallet.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
No

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
Yes. Belgium

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
N/A

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??
N/A

1 Like

bump need moar characters

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I tried to contact the tech support but i haven’t received any response yet. I hope someone will help us with regards to this.

Same thing happened to me does someopne knows how to contact them? Thanks

1 Like

Same here, all my BAT gone missing, getting this in my logs.

[15 Nov 2021, 3:17:20.4 pm:ERROR:credentials_promotion.cc(503)] Token list empty
[15 Nov 2021, 3:17:20.4 pm:ERROR:gemini_wallet.cc(51)] Claiming tokens failed

2 Likes

Same thing happened ,I link my uphold account ,my rewards reset to zero, No BAT show in my uphold wallet either.

2 Likes

This evening I encountered the same problem as @Ceethreepeeo. The only differences are I use MacOS 10.14.6, I’m in the USA, and I’ve accumulated several BAT via Brave ads since November 2020.

I downloaded my whole Brave Rewards Log and every line for today Nov 14 contains “PM:ERROR:”. After a Brave employee response to this post I can provide all of the log lines.

The amount of my earned BAT apparently lost today due to connecting Brave to my Gemini wallet is small compared to my exchange (not Gemini) purchased BAT, but to have my money disappear is most disturbing and it has caused me to – for now – lose nearly all confidence in the security and overall business of Brave/BAT. Further, what a huge waste of my time.

Today my liking of Brave and BAT has gone from a 10++/10 to a 2/10. I’m so disappointed because I was truly a champion of Brave and BAT and almost daily extolled its virtues. Please help!!

Thanks!

1 Like

same here linked my wallet last night and lost all of my BAT

1 Like

Hi all, if this is still an issue please DM me the following information:

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals)
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version)
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards.

This will help to speed up the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance!

1 Like