Latest update deleted my bookmarks

Hi. I have just completed the latest update on the brave browser on mac and all of my bookmarks are gone. How do I find them again. Thanks.

Hello @clintrons, thank you for reaching us out. Is your device synced to other through Brave Sync? Can you make sure you’ve no “accidentally” created a new profile? Circle icon at upper right.

Please let us know this information so we can further investigate this issue. Regards.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I haven’t used Brave sync and there are no other profiles. I don’t even have the circle icon in the toolbar.

When I was trying to find the missing bookmarks today I saw “import bookmarks and settings” in the brave menu and I have now accidentally imported settings from one of my chrome profiles. I assume this makes it harder again to find my old brave bookmarks. But I was hoping that there was maybe a folder on location somewhere on the computer where the old bookmarks and settings would have been stored in order to restore them.

Thanks for your help

I have also this problem

Hello again @mdmurad @clintrons, apologies for the delay! Is this still an issue for you?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.