LOST BOOKMARKS - Brave Desktop Win 10

Brave is up to date [Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Between yesterday and today, i noticed i lost ALL of my bookmarks! I had not done ANYTHING myself. I didn’t try to manually update or install anything, nothing whatsoever.
Using my computer normally.

All i was doing was browsing internet with and without VPN enabled throughout the day. I noticed it today all my bookmarks are gone. Was there an automatic update that deleted all of my data?
Can it be retrieved somewhere locally? I do not have any “sync” functions enabled or used.
Thanks in advance. I really can’t function without my bookmarks.

ps: I also seem to have lost ALL previous settings… history, extensions and saved passwords. Almost as if someone “defaulted to factory settings” kind of thing
pps: is there a way to Disable any automatic updates?

Hi @fiapop, thanks for reporting this!

Can you confirm which profile you’re using? Click the circular icon to the left of the hamburger menu (the three horizontal lines on the far right). You may have created a new profile and accidentally switched to it.

At the moment there’s no way to dodge automated updates – we enforce this for security settings.

THANK YOU! idk what happened, but somehow my profile was blanked, when i opened browser it asked me to create a new one. but my old profile was there, and my book marks are alive!!!

Is the best way of saving them just to export them? THank you!!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.