Latest brave on mac continuously crashing

Version 0.70.121 Chromium: 78.0.3904.70 (Official Build) (64-bit)

^ version continuously crashing on mac os mojave version: 10.14.6

I am getting a lot of crashes as well, though not continuous.

Certain websites cause it to crash, like this one: https://www.washingtonpost.com/

Edit: removing some extensions may have fixed this

true…
also if you go to www.divyabhaskar.com

last two updates are worst…crashing the app …

@parikhparth23,
Is your device a part of a Sync chain? If so, can you try removing the device from the Sync chain and seeing if the crashes persist?

this is not a fix…

can you please ask your dev to fix this issue ASAP?

no leaving sync did not work…

@parikhparth23,

How will they know what to fix? All I know so far is that you’re using Brave on macOS and it’s crashing. You haven’t provided any additional detail to your issue.

• Do you have any extensions installed? If so, which ones?
  • Have you tried clearing your cache/site data?
  • If you create a new/fresh browser profile using the Profile menu does the browser behave the same way?
  • Does the browser crash when you go to a specific site? If so, what site(s)?
  • Try disabling Hardware Acceleration to see if that makes any difference:
    Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

im not the only one…did you check above comments?

@parikhparth23,
One other person is in this thread and they said that removing some extensions may have resolved the issue. Additionally, I can visit Washington post (the site they were having issues with):

And the site you referenced – http://www.divyabhaskar.com/:

Without any issues. Since I can’t reproduce this issue with the information provided, you’ll have to provide more and perform some of the tests/answer the questions in my previous reply

did you fresh install the browser or update?
i did update

mostly all the news site…
also crashing for www.yourstory.com

Can you please respond to the questions about your setup that I asked above?

I had the exact same issue on washingtonpost.com. Went through all of my extensions one by one until I found the culprit: Privacy Badger. Disabling the extension stops the crashes.

There is nothing to generally fix on Brave itself.
Today I visited successfully all sites indicated here as crash triggers.
And this year I never had a single crash with Brave.
The problem(s), therefore, must lay on your sides. (see several suggestions in this thread).

I’ve found washingtonpost.com crashes if you are logged into washingtonpost.com and the privacy badger extension is enabled. It won’t matter if you put washingtonpost.com in the privacy badger disabled sites config - if you’re logged in and have the extension enabled, crash… I’ve reported the issue to them, but I don’t expect much to come out of it…

1 Like

its crashing everybsinglentime and everyday when i visit those sites

This is true; Brave is not the culprit; extension conflicts are; Brave has everything you need;you "can customize Brave, but extensions should be used prudently!!
Yesterday; Brave was updated; so I am using the most current version!

I can also hit all the sites given here with the extension running but not logged into the sites… I don’t have accounts to sites except wapo dot com though…

@Mattches turning off hardware acceleration makes no difference.