Multiple Crashes Mac after Update

I moved to Brave roughly 90 day back from Safari and Firefox. Had no issues at all until Brave updated to Version 0.68.139 Chromium: 77.0.3865.90 (Official Build) (64-bit) yesterday AM. Nothing but problems. Sync not working, Brave freezing or simply crashing. I love this browser but I am going to have to return to Firefox or Safari.

Very frustrating as I set up 3 macs in our home with Brave.

Mac El Capitan 10.11.6

1 Like

@Ot51,
Thanks for reaching out.
I know this isn’t an ideal solution (or a solution at all) but can you try removing the affected machines from the Sync chain and see if that helps stop the browser from crashing?

1 Like

Than You. I did remove the two Macs and it does seem to be more stable. I use two iMacs within arms reach and move between the two. Is this a known issue and if so is a fix available.
I hate to move from Brave after setting up all three macs in my home and go back to Firefox.

1 Like

@Ot51,
The team is working on this particular issue as we speak. We hope to get these Sync issues resolved as soon as possible.
Apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

1 Like

Thank You. At current time I have sync disabled and am still suffering from crashes and receiving error message Brave Quit Unexpectedly. I happened to be on a chat w/ Apple a few minutes ago and during the chat Brave quit on me again.
Just to reiterate this issue began shortly after ( less than a half hour) of Brave updating.
It’s very unfortunate but I will need to return to FF until I hear these issues are fixed. There is nothing worse than to be in the middle of a browser related action to have it simply quit.

I’ve got the same issue. Leaving the sync chain seems to work, but this is very inconvenient. Thanks for working on it :slight_smile:

1 Like