Issues playing Videos either Twitch or Youtube

Description of the issue:

Hi guys, since yesterday, i’m having some weird issues anytime that i want to watch/reproduce any video on Youtube or Twitch. The video slow down continually until the point that it freezes completly, then, it fixes itself for a second and start again to slow down until it completly stopped.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I open any video from Youtube or Twitch
  2. Wait a few seconds, and i see that is slowing down until it freeze completly.
  3. I refresh the webpage, but it continues doing the weird issue.

Expected result:
The video will start slowing down, sometimes even changing to lower resolution to keep playing until the video freezes for a few seconds, start again on max Resolution and proceed to slow down again, repeating the process over and over.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.47.186 (Jan 25, 2023)

Additional Information:
The videos are played properly in another browsers.

If needed, i could try to provide a Gif, or a video, anything that you guy need, thank you.

1 Like

Hello @Rukenu

Thank you for reaching us and I’m sorry to hear you are going through this. Please try In Private mode or Guest Window to see if the behavior persist . If that works, try disabling your extensions to see if this is the cause of the issue.

You can open a Guest Window by going to Main menuOpen Guest window:

1. On your computer, open Brave.
  2. At the top right, click MenuMore toolsExtensions.
  3. On to the extension you want to remove, click Remove.
  4. Confirm by clicking Remove.

Be waiting for your response!

Thanks you for assisting me, sadly, using Guest/Private mode does not fix the issue, i also tried to disable all the extensions just in case, but it didnt work either.

Hi again @Rukenu

Thanks for your reply, could kindly provide that short clip or gif to describe further what is your issue about?

Be waiting for your response.
Regards!

Sure, there ya go:

It’s a random video from youtube, you can see that it clearly slow down, more so when i set the quality to 1080p, the same thing happens on Twitch.

And this clip is from the same video on another browser at 1080p.

1 Like

Hey @Rukenu

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings, to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration.

Let us know if that works!

1 Like

Yeah disabling that worked, from time to time it still stutter a lil’ bit, kinda weird, but its way better now.

Hi @Rukenu

I’m happy that for now the issue is solved, if you have any additional question or the issue comes back let us know.

Have a great day. :wave:

Many people facing various issues with YouTube like pausing video and quality drop.

A mí también me pasa xd con Microsoft Edge y en Google Chrome me van bien xd ¿es que brave no es compatible con la aceleración por Hardware o que?

Hola @Bat4ever

Gracias por contactarte con el soporte técnico de Brave y es un placer asistirte, sobre tu pregunta la aceleración del hardware si es compatible con Brave, sin embargo puede influir en los textos o gráficos que ves en tu pantalla al momento de utilizar juegos, videos, etc… En ese caso es que recomendamos que se desactive.

Gracias por tu comprensión y que tengas un buen día!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.