Issue with Password Sync in Latest Version of Brave

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:

I am writing to report an issue I have encountered with the password sync feature in the latest version of the Brave browser. Whenever I attempt to sync my passwords, the process requires me to verify my identity to ensure that I am authorizing the sync. However, after successfully completing the verification, I am unable to toggle on the password sync option. The toggle simply does not activate.

This issue is preventing me from syncing my passwords across devices, which is crucial for my workflow. I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Both my pc and android brave are synced. i one sync option to enable pasword sync
2.completed the verification through fingerprint
3.toggle on password in sync option

Expected result:
My password gets synced in both devices

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brave 1.69.164, Chromium 1280.6613.127

Mobile Device details
Name- Realme 6
OS- Android 11

Hi @Himanshu, very sorry for the delay. Taking a look.

I’m also having this issue, here’s a video:

ugh, nvm… “new users can’t upload attachments”

Ok that was dumb, I just had to jump thru hoops to get to “trust level 1” on Discourse… here’s the video:

(The black screen is when the fingerprint prompt happened - I guess the screen recorder isn’t allowed to record the screen during that)

Hmm it looks like this issue is the same as these other posts:

So it must be happening since July 9 at least :frowning:

Now that I have downloaded the newest version of brave that is available on github repository or release that is 1.70.117 universal apk

That problem is not happening anymore.
I am able to sync my password through all the devices.

Though that version is yet to updated in play store

Try this one that I have mentioned above

I have very 1.79.119 but the problem still not corrected.