Is there any safe way to keep tabs/groups open?

It is not the first time this has happened to me, and Brave seems to have an awful track record of randomly closing open tabs. This time, while I was moving tabs (by dragging with the mouse) between groups, it literally just closed all my open tabs (except for the one I was dragging; thank you for that). To be fair, they weren’t really closed. It was more like all the information associated with them was deleted from the system. Not a single one of them is in the history. Brave didn’t even crash; it just deleted them.

So, my question is whether there is any safe way to use open tabs/groups in this browser, or if I should move on to something else. I prefer to have the tabs organized by groups in the browser rather than bookmarks; it’s just my preference.

By “safe,” I mean that no matter what I do, the tabs will remain there unless I explicitly close them. If this is not technically possible, I am also open to using an extension or some automated backup that allows me to restore all the open tabs (in their respective groups) when things go wrong. I really like Brave, but the frequency with which this issue of tabs closing with no way to restore them occurs is now a dealbreaker for me (it has happened more than ten times over the last two or three years). Otherwise, I would appreciate any recommendations for alternative browsers.