Tabs lost when Brave is closed

The browser loses all open tabs and groups when closed and re-opened. This an intermittent fault and the lost tabs can be picked up again from history. However, the browser should NOT lose open tabs under any circumstance.

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Create tabs and groups. Close and open the browser (on Windows 10). This is an intermittent fault.

Expected result:
Browser loses all open tabs and groups.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

Do you have extensions installed, that you can disable for a while and see if the issue goes away?

I wonder if it’s crashing on exist and therefore isn’t getting a chance to save state.

Anything recent in brave://crashes after this happens?

If I use the browser menu and exit, then the open tabs are saved. If I click the X at the top right of the window, Brave will intermittently lose all open tabs. I’ve disabled all my extensions and closed the window, and that seems to work for now. I need to give it a couple of days to see if it may be an extension. All my extensions are in common use and work perfectly on all other browsers.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.