iOS Sync V2 now available for testing!

Testers wanted!

Sync iOS beta builds are out Public Beta channel: 1.21 (20.10.23.15) Please check them out, This build should work with your existing sync chains using the release endpoint.

Because of that make sure your desktop/android bookmarks are backed up, as there is a risk of wiping all your bookmarks or other unexpected behavior!

8 Likes

This is great news! Any idea what the estimated timeframe is til final release?

1 Like

Im using this latest beta for ios but It only sync my bookmarks, it doesnt sync history, open tabs, passwords, etc. It seems worse than syncv1. The chain link was created with brave for windows, then brave for android and at last brave beta. The 3 brave updated

1 Like

Congrats on getting bookmarks syncing! Thank you! :pray::partying_face:

(I also look forward to synchronizing history, open tabs, etc.… But am very grateful for the bookmarks :smile:)

4 Likes

I can also confirm only bookmarks are being synced.

1 Like

any idea if we will be able to send webpages to other devices like we can with windows / android ?

No default browser setting?

2 Likes

I’m glad to see this progressing, but until you can see tabs or history from other chain devices it really isn’t much of an addition. I love brave and will keep testing but definitely hope that’s roadmap.

1 Like

Noticing it takes a long time after I tap “add bookmark” now for the dialog to appear, and after hitting “save” it takes a long time for it to disappear…(iPhone version 1.21 (20.11.13.18))

What features are available now for iOS and Mac desktop that we can test for you? Only bookmark syncing or more?

Is it safe to assume we need the beta versions installed on both our iPhones and desktops? Is there a Mac OS beta version too?

I did not see any announcement that this was available but having just installed it I am delighted. Been waiting for this for a VERY long time, thank you.

Just adding my encouragement… Not being able to sync my bookmarks among my laptop, my phone, and my iPad is the reason why Brave is not my default browser on all those devices. Apart from Safari, the only browser that does work smoothly in this respect is Microsoft Edge; Firefox did not really work out for me (never understood why) and I did not consider Google Chrome. I am waiting, rather impatiently, to switch to Brave :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Tried it with V 1.23 (21.1.7.10) and passwords are not synced, i hope it won’t take any longer since it is available on android since August.

1 Like

Some approximate ETA would be great!

1 Like

When will the password sync be coming for Brave on iOS?

1 Like

hello, do you have any news about password sync?

I do not, alas!

But, to give a good news: I have installed the beta test version on my phone and ipad via TestFlight and it works perfectly. The only minor awkwardness (which is perfectly understandable) is that I cannot set Brave Beta as a default browser. Otherwise it works, including bookmark sync with my laptop.

1 Like

Now all we need is history syncing like Android and desktop systems

1 Like