What is the ETA of sync2 on iOS?

Could you please give us an estimate?

5 Likes

I cant translate un frenh

1 Like

I was under the impression it was impending but sync was removed from a recent app update.

I wonder if itā€™s around the corner or weā€™re looking at months

1 Like

Same here~ Iā€™m positive they removed this button on iOS version. Hope they put it back as soon as possible, ā€˜cause I really need to sync up my bookmarks.

1 Like

+1 this is really necessary for me to make Brave my every day browser.

2 Likes

Same here. Without syncing across devices, I will have to go back to Safari.

2 Likes

Today version 1.20 was released and still no sync.

1 Like

Seriously Brave devs, canā€™t you post something ffs? Or do you seriously expect us to keep checking every day for weeks or months if anything has been done to Sync on iOS like absolute idiots? Iā€™d love to use Brave, but without sync itā€™s useless to me. I also happen to use iOS and youā€™re leaving me in this dumb limbo of nothingness. Like, come on. Either post rough ETA so I at least know when Iā€™m suppose to start checking so I donā€™t waste time for months when you damn well know you wonā€™t release it yet or set up a notification page where I sign up so Iā€™ll get bloody notified about it when itā€™s done and I donā€™t have to check it every day like an idiot. Coz this is just ridiculous.

6 Likes

100% my opinion!
A mobile browser without sync? I mean cmon are you serious? 10 years ago I would agree that a good browser is key even without sync option but today is has do be a standard.
Happy to set it as default browser as far the sync is happening :pray:t2:

3 Likes

If not an ETA could you point to the work which has gone into getting sync for IOS started? The challenges? Maybe an estimated percentage of progress?

3 Likes

Surprised the iOS browser does not have a sync option despite the instruction and support pages on syncing say so. Syncing is an essential feature for me.

1 Like

I agree. I donā€™t understand why you all keep delaying sync?!? Now with iOS 14, you bring an update to make Brave the default browser. But like others have pointed out why would we make this browser the default when we donā€™t have the ability to sync?
Why not support your users who enjoy your browser and give us what we have been waiting for? Sync, I mean come on! Sync has been available for Android users, donā€™t sh*# on us because we use iOS!

1 Like

Hello all,
Sync for iOS is ready but we are working with Apple to comply with the App Store rules. Hopefully we get approved soon.
Please see:

1 Like

Finally. Canā€™t wait and I hope it gets approved soon. Was hoping for Opera, but they are totally out of touch with iPhone users thinking we want st**id Opera Touch. Vivaldi is still far away and Firefox, while fits my needs the most, especially coz of working Sync, but the rest has been going downhill and itā€™s driving me nuts with its idiocies. Brave remains the last that kinda has it all and I already liked it but Sync was super problematic and since everything revolves around it for me, it was a no go too.

EDIT:
Really? REALLY? You just block a post because word ā€œs.t.u.p.i.dā€ is in it? Who cares about context, lets just all be frigging offended. OH MY GOD

How long does it usually take for Apple to approve it? Or is it more a thing of Braveā€™s monetization system that gets in the way when it comes to approvals?

4 Likes

Hi guys,

Any news on that ?

It has been months!!! So yeah, please update us.

Yeah Iā€™ve mostly given up.

Ultimately Brave/iOS is not Brave/Mac (or Brave/Windows or Brave/Linux). The system of filtration I use on iOS is based on the content-blocking API, and thereā€™s no sync of extensions. And I really only use Brave for situations where unblocking a site in Safari would be too much trouble, so ā€¦

If Brave became my primary browser, with a Firefox-like capacity for containers, and if it came to iOS, then sync will be important to me. Until then, I much enjoy Brave desktop as a more configurable and private Chrome, with no account.

Iā€™m just giving up with this sync nonsense. Iā€™m just gonna be stuck with Firefox forever it appears. Canā€™t be bothered to keep on monitoring situation here with such absolute lack of communication between devs and users and fact things are not moving anywhere at all.

4 Likes

@RejZoR
I totally agree. It is a disgrace and a total lack of respect for their users how Brave is handling all of this.

I mean ā€¦ not even informing their users properly that a major feature is to be shut down. You had to find it out after upgrading to a new version.

Now no communication at all. Every bit of information have to be pulled out of their noses bit by bit.

Sad, really sad.

1 Like