iOS Sync V2 now available for testing!

history AND password

Hello,
Why can’t we made BraveBeta app default web browser?

1 Like

Woahhhhh - I’m trying out Brave from Firefox and the absence of history / tab sync between my phone and laptop is killing me - really surprised at this lack of functionality. Not even an option to send tab to device. Really poor show.
If this isn’t in place soon I’ll be sticking with Firefox.

Just FYI, if you were thinking Brave Sync is identically to Firefox’s. Apart from iOS sync still remaining crippled, Brave’s Windows and Android Sync does not work for all types of History sync, unlike Firefox’s.

Specifically, only URLs that are typed into the address bar are synced. If you clicked on a hyperlink in Brave, not synced. If you opened a link from Mail app in Brave, not synced.

At this point, the official answer from Brave is: Typed URLs only. No word if they intend to improve the situation.

I described the problem a little more in detail in the link below.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn’t be too bothered by the absence of link follow history etc if I could at least see open tabs on other devices.
I see this is a long term functionality position of Brave. Shame since I like the idea of a Chrome based browser with privacy baked in.

Before switching to Brave as standard browser, iOS sync of passwords must be ready at least.