I'm barely getting ads this last week

Briefly describe your issue:
I normally get an average of 50 -55 ads per work day. Now this week I am barely getting anything. I’m receiving maybe 7-9 ads in a whole 12 hour day that I’m online.
I have completely cleared by temp files, cache, not sure if it would make a difference, but I flushed dns, reset tcpip and winsock cat. I also disabled my antivirus for a few hours.
If I toggle on and off my ads option in Brave is will usually cause one to two ads to pop up within a minute, but then I will go hours again with nothing until I toggle it again.
before this month I never had to toggle the ads button. I just get ads as I should.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Windows 10 Home Edition
Updating Brave (50%)
Version 1.38.111 Chromium: 101.0.4951.54 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

**What date did you verify your wallet?**Over a year ago

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
I sometimes use a VPN but never with Brave. Only with Firefox and Vivaldi

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

Lots of ad tweaking lately. I don’t think it’s something on your side.

Month is almost over and I only got about half the ads I normally get in a month. Something’s definitely up. I spend and average of 11 hours a day on Brave, so not reason I should only get half of what I normally get.

Will see how this next month turns out, and if the same then I’m out. No reason to stick around of the selling point is weak.

1 Like

No ads since my last update. smh

And now another day with no ads. smh

1 Like

I do not receive enough Notification based Ads too on My Android based Brave

1 Like

Yeah I completely stopped getting them.

1 Like

Just don’t use Brave with VPN or your wallet will be flagged. If using VPN force stop Brave.

I don’t use VPN with Brave ever.

5 Days no rewards. I finally decided to see if I remove my Uphold account, and reverify it, if it would trigger. 30 mins later, it triggered. smh. Not cool!. I lost 20-25% of the months worth of BAT.

1 Like

Same here, last week no ads

1 Like

Guys, this has nothing to do with your wallet, configuration, location, device…

They’re simply making it harder to receive ads by manipulating parameters.

Imagine to toss a random 6 decimal places number between 0 and 1. You will only get an ad if the number is less than 0.01. What are the odds?

Seeing ads just turned into a Casino. lol

So 5 days of nothing then within 30 mins of me resetting my bunk I get 2 ads is just a coincidence? If that’s the case as you described, then no reason for me to stick around when Vivaldi is the better browser eh?

There are Ads with high priority that bypass limitation. They will likely only be available to fresh devices.

Also, fresh devices tend to be more ad-friendly cause they’re unknown terrritory to ‘Multi-Armed Bandit’ mechanism, which first explore to exploit later, meaning it will first serve you all kind of segments and then focus on your growing predilections.

Man you’re free to use whatever you want, I’m just trying to alert people there’re annoying mechanisms taking place and this is no black-magic bug on your device. For those who stick with brave rewards we can only hope they stop this nonsense, it’s ruining the ads experience.

Been with Brave since Beta, and it’s not gotten any better. I’m only here for the BAT. If the BAT stops flowing then there is no point to using a browser that keeps breaking sites, and you need to launch Vivaldi or Firefox to finish what ya trying to do. Like yesterday, I can’t download from Bleepingcomputer.com, but can with other browsers. Happens a lot. Brave shields turned off, all addons disabled, etc. but yet when I try on other browsers with addons enabled it works fine.

All I’m saying is if they are now going to screw me out of my ads which are about 50-55 through my work day down to 7 or nothing then I guess I should just stfu and move eh?

I’ve had absolutely no problems with that. No broken sites and I can download anything from anywhere. So I’d be more curious about what you’ve limited on your system or what browser settings you’ve implemented. Perhaps create a post and service ticket on it?

Also for everyone else, there’s a lot of things that can cause problems with ads. In addition, people forget that campaigns might be limited in your area. You can only see ads a certain amount of times a day/week/month/max…so once you hit the maximum for any of those, you can’t see ads from the campaign again.

It is possible and plausible to hit those caps and then see no ads for a while. We’re not promised an unlimited stream of ads or money. We get them while they are there, that’s it.

If you need more details on how things work or what to watch out for that might interfere with ads, a good place to start is my FAQ at PSA: User FAQ - Support & Answers

Oh I have reported broken sites. As have other people. See the posts often. If it were my system then it wouldn’t be on both computers, and only on that one browser when I use several browsers. Also I keep an eye on the campaigns and I am in the region and I am not getting the ones available. https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/


1 Like