How to retain login details

Hi,

I’ve looked around but can’t find an answer to this question. Everytime I go to a website I use regularly, I have to login. It’s not every single website but most of them. How can I change this so I’m automatically logged in to websites I regularly use?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey there. Check →
Go to settings → Autofill → Passwords → Auto sign in turned on

Thanks for the help - that is already turned on. I use 1Password as my password manager.

Some sites like Gmail automatically are logged in when I open the site - others I have to keep entering my login details everytime I go to the site.

Do you know how I can have the sites logged in, I always select the ‘Remember Me’ button but the sites never do…

1 Like

Do I need to save all my passwords in Brave? I prefer not to do that and keep them within 1Password only

Thanks in advance for your help

I guess yes, you’ll have to save them in brave. Not sure.
@Aman_M @Saoiray @Chocoholic @rodrige help here thanks!

2 Likes

@ProperChels Welcome to the community.

This is a known issue which is still being investigated by Brave. Posting a link to the issue report below. As far as I know, at this time there is not a workaround.

You may want to comment on the issue report that you are experiencing the same problem. I could post it if you want, just let me know. Please include the following information in the issue report comment or as a reply here if you want me to post the information for you.

1. Brave and OS version at brave://version
  2. List of sites where this is occurring
  3. List of sites that are working as expected

Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @Chocoholic - happy for you to post it :pray:

1. Brave 1.43.93
    OS Version 12.6

2. Everything - eg. airline websites / blogs

3. Gmail and youneedabudget.com works but I have to click ‘Login’ - Youtube is fine, Google Maps is fine

1 Like

OK, I will but can you please provide the information requested. It may help the dev team in finding and fixing the issue. Please post a new reply with the information or just edit (pencil icon at the bottom of the reply) your above reply.

1. Brave and OS version at brave://version
  2. List of sites where this is occurring (or if all, list a few examples)
  3. List of sites that are working as expected (if any)

I am also going to indicate you are using 1Password as your password manager. If you have any other information you think may be relevant please provide details.

Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Just edited the message above, thanks

@Chocoholic

1 Like

Added a comment to the Brave GitHub issue report. The Brave version & OS information you provided indicated to me this was an Android device. Please let me know if this is incorrect and I will go edit the comment. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Actually… this could be occurring on a macOS. If so, please update to the latest version of Brave, which is 1.44.101. The current version for Android devices is 1.43.93 which is why I thought Android. My bad. I should have asked for clarification before I posted. Please confirm if the 12.6 is a macOS or an Android version designation. Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

It’s macOS

How do I update Brave? Usually it prompts me in the top right corner with the 3 lines but there’s nothing there.

@Chocoholic

@ProperChels

You can go to brave://settings/help to update. You can also download the installer from https://brave.com/download/ and run it. Either works. Weird that it didn’t auto-update though…

Please post an update if you run into any problems. :slight_smile:

Just done, the update showed up today :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help @Chocoholic hopefully the login issues get fixed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Chocoholic Hi, hope you’re well

I just realised that it seems like every site I go to, it’s as if I’m visiting that site for the very first time - could that have something to do with my login issues and if so, how do I change it / is it advised to change the settings?

If you mean you have lost your default cookie and shield settings, then I think that may have an impact. Don’t know for sure but seems like that could be related.

You can go to brave://settings/content/javascript and brave://settings/cookies and add those sites to the “always allow” option. Plus, check your On exit settings at brave://settings/clearBrowserData and disable the cookies, shield, and password option settings and see if the behavior changes.

Please post an update if you test. :slightly_smiling_face:

‘You can go to brave://settings/content/javascript’

This is set to ‘Sites can use Javascript’ so assuming nothing needs to be done here?

‘brave://settings/cookies’

This is set to ‘Block third-party cookies’ - there is a list of ‘Sites that can always use cookies’ that I didn’t know existed. I’ve tried to delete some of them but they won’t delete from the list.

‘Plus, check your On exit settings at brave://settings/clearBrowserData and disable the cookies, shield, and password option settings and see if the behavior changes.’

‘Clear browsing data - Basic’ is set to 24 hour time range with ‘Browsing History’, ‘Cookies and site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ all selected

‘Clear browsing data - Advanced’ is set to ‘Last hour’ time range and ‘Browsing history’, ‘Download history’, ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘Cached images and files’ are all selected, nothing else is selected on that page

‘Clear browsing data - on exit’ - nothing is selected

Can you spot any issues? Sorry I don’t understand this stuff well! :pray:

@Chocoholic

Hi @Chocoholic - just following up on my last post, if you could help at all would be much appreciated :pray:

Thanks for your time

@ProperChels Chocoholic seems to have taken a hike and I haven’t used 1Password. But can you try to use 1Password in any other chromium browser like chrome, firefox, etc, and see if you can stay logged in there? I’m wondering cause I’m reading that this could be 1Password’s security-related implementation.

Thanks for the help @Aman_M - I logged into a blog on Chrome, then closed Chrome and two hours later after opening Chrome again, I am still logged in.

Is this enough of a test?

@ProperChels Can you post the link to the site/blog where with 1Password you stay logged-in in Chrome but not in Brave?