High CPU usage since recent update

Description of the issue:
High CPU usage (and memory) when visiting YouTube.com. Causes fan in my laptop to keep spinning up and Windows Task manager to indicate “High power” and “High CPU” usage designations. Not watching videos, just visiting the site. Then when watching videos even higher CPU usage (and memory). Wasn’t happening prior to v1.65.123 update and still happening after latest v1.65.126 update.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open browser and visit YouTube.com, monitor Windows Task Manager for performance and watch CPU and memory Usage extremely high. Then even higher when watching a video.

Expected result:
Moderate memory usage and low CPU usage as before.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.65.126 and V.1.65.123

Additional Information:
Chewing through my battery like crazy because it keeps the CPU power consumption and cooling fan always spinning on high. When I visit other websites it’s not a problem, and when I close Brave the problem also immediately resolves. None of this was happening prior to the updates recently as mentioned above.

Thank you.

HW acceleration enabled?

Whatever the default is in Brave. Nothing changed before or after this latest update by me so I’m not sure why it would be doing it now all of a sudden.

Also having the same issue, showing CPU usage of sometimes 300 in the brave task manager. CPU is a 13700K so shouldn’t be a hardware issue, and hasn’t been an issue in the past. Running latest v1.66.110 Build.