Description of the issue: CPU usage spikes randomly until Brave starts freezing and Windows becomes unstable. Only began occurring after most recent update to Brave and occurs in the current Beta version as well.
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Open browser and open a few tabs. After about 7 CPU usage spikes.
Expected result: Prior to update of 1.18.70 twenty or thirty tabs with extensions caused no problems.
Brave Version( check
Version 1.18.70 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Additional Information: Prior to updating to the most recent version, I routinely had 20+ tabs and used about 8 extensions. For the sake of troubleshooting when this problem started, I’ve disabled all extensions and closed all tabs in the session I was using. After having no luck with the issue, I installed the most recent Beta version (Version 1.19.54) and experienced the same thing. It usually takes a few minutes for it to occur and then I have to close Brave. I’ve checked the task manager within Brave when this happens and have attached screenshots of it, the process is usually “Extension: Brave” or “Browser”.