Handoff from Mac to iOS device

Description of the issue:
When using Handoff on my Mac I can successfully open a tab from Brave on my iOS device (both iPhone and iPad) in Brave on my Mac. However, the other way around will not work in the same way. Both my iPad and my iPhone will only open Brave tabs from Mac in Safari on the iDevice. Also, I’ve noticed that Handoff between the two iDevices works normally, i.e. Brave tabs on iPhone are opened in Brave on the iPad and vice versa.
I presume it is an issue with the “default browser” setting in iOS rather than anything to do with Brave, but maybe you have ideas on how to fix this.

The topic is similar to this one: Handoff wants to open Safari on iOS when Brave window is opened on macOS
But OP got no replies. Also, OP didn’t mention the default browser setting on their iOS device, which in my case is definitely set to Brave.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Install Brave on all iDevices and on Mac
  2. Set as default browser on each device
  3. Turn on Handoff on all devices
    4a. Open a webpage in Brave on iDevice
    4b. Pick up in Brave on Mac (works)
    5a. Open a webpage in Brave on Mac
    5b. Pick up in Safari only on iDevice (Brave doesn’t work)

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
From Brave iOS to Brave on Mac works like a charm every time.
From Brave on Mac to iOS always switches to Safari.

Expected result:
I’d expect the same behavior when using Handoff both ways (i.e. Mac to iOS and iOS to Mac).

Reproduces how often:
Consistently.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
iPhone and iPad: iOS 14.4.2 / Brave 1.24 (21.4.1.15)
Mac: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 / Brave 1.23.71

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.