MacOS 10.15.7 Brave tabs syncing to Safari on iOS 14.3, but both have Brave as default browser

Description of the issue:
Default browser on both iOS and MacOS devices is Brave. New Brave tabs from iOS device are instantly noted as available in Task Switch dialog on MacOS. Cool.

However, new Brave tabs from MacOS device quickly appear as available for Safari on iOS device. Almost cool, but not really because Settings for both Safari and Brave on iOS device show default browser as Brave. I shouldn’t need to copy tabs from Safari to Brave on iOS device.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Sync iOS and MacOS devices.
  2. Open new tab in Brave on MacOS device.
  3. Get this result:

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
    (Did that jpeg actually get copied and pasted? This window shows text “upload://etc.” not image. That’s a bug for a different day, I guess.)

Expected result:
The “New Tab Available” icon inside the yellow circle around the Safari icon in the iPad’s task bar should be attached to the Brave icon, not the Safari icon.

Reproduces how often:
Every single time.
Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

1. iPad 6th Generation 9.7inch running iOS 14.3 with Brave Version 1.22.1 (20.12.10.23)

2. Macbook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running MacOS 10.15.7 with Brave Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (x86_64)
    ](https://brave.com/latest/)

Additional Information:
If Safari app is not already running, Safari browser is started, and its icon is added to the iPad’s task bar.
I didn’t include a screenshot of the correctly functioning MacOS Task Switcher showing the Brave app with the New Tab Available icon cuz it works fine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.