Getting around or Working with the 4-Device Brave/Uphold Lifetime Limit

Seems unethical to me, say I create a ton of profiles and script or even manually cycle 4 tabs as a full time job how is that ethical

I would hope there’s something in place to stop that behavior

You can rest assured, something IS in place to detect that behavior. The end result for users attempting to “game the system” is usually a ban or a revocation of the account. If that isn’t enough of a deterrent, I don’t know what is.

That’s why I err on the side of caution

Many people do that, simply by following the rules. Good questions, by the way.

In doing a quick search, here’s something you might want to check out–there’s also a mention of 4 devices:

(you’ll have to click the link to see the full post with responses)

I have, in the post you first mentioned it. I linked to brave’s Reddit thread that mentioned that promotional grants are subject to self-tipping restrictions, but rewards aren’t.

Check the link out. There have been a few accidental flaggings, but it will not lead to a ban, bro. Hope it clears up the confusion. I’ve been here for quite some time now, and my method has worked fine for pretty lonh.

It hasn’t been flagged yet, and in the off-off channce it does, it isn’t against the rules and won’t eventually lead to a ban. Ive had more than 20 of my friends do it, not a single ban yet. Heck, even youtubers advertise it as an easy way to cash-out. This eventually is NOT a violation of the TOS as it never restricted any use case of Rewards. Self tipping promotional bat however, is wrong, as it is owned by BRAVE, and has to be used according to rules in the TOS. There is absolutely no rule that prevents self tipping rewards.

This was a transcript of a reply of their reddit team.

I have read the accounts of people that were banned due to tipping promotional tokens. Even they got noticed saying " although you will continue to receive bat rewards, you will not receive any bat owned by brave". Well guess what, i dont care about promo BAT, i never got any anyways. If they want to ban promos for me, i dont care.

This is the reply of bat team to a self tipper. The person who was banned was due to a glitch. The support eventually reinstated the account. Guess why? Coz it isn’t gonna violate the TOS. I hope i have solved your query.
As to the question of ethics, this is my money im transferring to myself, nothing else. I would transfer it anyways after 4-5 months needed to cross the threshold.( Some devices earn like 2 bat a month, so would need a complete year.) It’s brave fault that this rule of 25 bat has been implemented, and im not goin to wait a year to cash-out.

I believe @Mattches made it clear in the above post, it can get you flagged

Yes , and it doesn’t usually… and even if it gets flagged, it will be reinstated if you didn’t tip promo bats. Even if you’re interested flagged, every person who gets flagged usually only receives a promotional grant ban, which really isn’t a big issue.

Either way I think it’s redicious to have more than the set limit, it’s not your bat after that you’re basically stealing from the whole eco system imo

More than what limit exactly??

What’s reasonable to you ?

That is just an opinion, i respect that but it’s just an opinion. You make it loook like a charity. It’s just business. They are paid to show ads, and we view ads. The more bat we earn, the more money brave earns, the more bat it pumps into the ecosystem. Everyone wins. This ecosystem only exists due to bat rewards.

Its business, that’s it. There is no reasonable limit. You should get paid according to what brave gets paid due to your views. That is well defined in the tos. That is a 70-30. Split. BTW my method gives brave 5% of my earnings, which direct withdrawal wouldn’t.

I’m sure the advertisers would disagree and if loopholes start effecting their bottom line it will be reflected in braves ecosystem as well

Let’s end this already, i think we have discussed it enough. People can decide what’s right for them.

Don’t wanna draw attention were not getting paid for?