Not able to connect Gemini to brave

I could login a month ago but now all of a sudden it says that brave doesnt support my region? I’ve checked the regions and they are available according to Brave. Can anyone help?

And why isnt it possible to add the rewards to the build in wallet of the browser?

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Version 1.44.101 Chromium: 106.0.5249.65 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
Yes

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
yes but this wasn’t a problem in the past. Already tried without but same result

Are you eligible for Brave Rewards (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

Are you on the list of supported regions when verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial partner (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes

It is because that Gemini as of now, supports only the USA. Get more details here Verifying with Gemini now only available for US Gemini accounts (Brave Rewards)

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I thought uphold has the same policy, what to do if you’re from EU? does the build-in wallet from brave browser support holding it’s own coin?

If not, why isn’t this the case?

You can connect to Uphold I guess.

Nope, not yet. They’re working on doing this. Not much specifics revealed yet tho. They are targeting this at Q2 2023. Also you’ll still have to connect to a Custodial wallet to move those BATs out of the Browser. This move will basically help people who can’t verify, and will help to have rewards backed up.

Thanks again for the reply :100:. Helped a lot, will figure out what I’ll do next!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.