Fullscreen videos drop frames intermittently with G-Sync and hardware acceleration
How can this issue be reproduced?
- Enable G-Sync and hardware acceleration
- Play video from any site
- Enlarge view to fullscreen
- See intermittent frame drops. Video will play smoothly for a few seconds, then get choppy like a slideshow for a few seconds, and repeat this cycle consistently throughout the video
Frames should remain consistent throughout the video in fullscreen, not only when the video is windowed
Brave Version( check
Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Other browsers work just fine
- Running on a 2560x1440p 144hz monitor
- I realize there is an existing ticket , but it was closed due to no response so I’d like to start the conversation again.