For Brave users impacted by the Auto-Contribute bug

Hi everyone, here’s an update on the A-C bug. We will be refunding everyone who hasn’t already recieved a refund via the grants system. Please post any follow up questions in this new thread:

2 Likes

Hey everyone – see an update to this issue here: https://community.brave.com/t/an-update-on-recent-brave-rewards-issues-and-next-steps/103482

We will be refunding anyone affected with a double BAT bonus. :slight_smile: We appreciate your patience big time!

2 Likes

Hi, I got mail today from Uphold that 60 BAT had been sent to Brave Publishers. I’m not sure how that happened. I checked my browser wallet and it mentioned “Auto-Contribute” but I’ve always had it off.

Please let me know what needs to be done to get this corrected.

2 Likes

Asad - I have not received any refunds. I’ve experienced two incidents of the auto-contribute bug and followed the directions provided in the forum, sending the e-mail to the specialized e-mail address. How do I get resolution here?

2 Likes

Hi Nate, nothing’s needed on your end – we’re going to be automatically refunding anyone affected. It’ll come in as a BAT grant. :slight_smile: All you’ll have to do is claim it from the Rewards panel. We’re hoping to send them out next week.

4 Likes

HI Asad,
I received an email from you stating that the Auto-Contribute bug has been corrected and funds have been returned. There has been no change to my Uphold or Rewards Summary to reflect the 60 BAT that were taken. Please let me know what else needs to be done to get this corrected.

1 Like

Hi,

I noticed I had received my refund yesterday but accidentally clicked claim before noticing I had not restarted my browser after applying the lastest update, so all my BAT got auto-contributed again. Sent an email to refunds@brave.com. Can I get reimbursed again?

Thanks

2 Likes

@Bigsr – please PM me your brave://rewards-internals data and i can issue you a refund!

2 Likes

@alex15 sure, I’ll be happy to do so. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hello brave team just want to followup regarding with this matter its been almost 2weeks since i raise this issue thru email and dm with sir @Asad and i still havent get my refund & fix this issue. I am very frustrated & disappointed.

2 Likes

So…it is now February 2020…Will Brave return the BAT it took from my account? I have emailed Support, but no reply.

1 Like

Hi @Henry1 - have you DM’d @Asad your brave://rewards-internals info?

2 Likes

Thank you Steeven. Does what you sent Asad show how much was taken from my account?

1 Like

Hi Asad,

I received an email from you guys asking me about the lost amount and replied to that, but haven’t head back since (this was 10 days ago).

1 Like

WoW…this a very complicated way to communicate! So, I am still awaiting either further communication regarding my request to have the BAT that was erroneously taken from my account in Dec or Jan. I did submit the requested screen shots of the amount taken (which you could easily see, if you looked at my account) …and still nothing from you. So, is it up to me to continue every few days or weeks to request you fix this issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Glad I’m not the only one who is being ignored :frowning:

1 Like

The answer to your question of whether I sent Asad the internals info is Yes.

1 Like

Checking right now – refunds can take some time to process, our apologies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello @Asad. Giving you my post link so it can be checked. Thanks for your concern.

Also I wrote to the email in this thread with the adequate screenshots and information.

3 Likes

So, trying to figure out how your communication system works, did you reply to this post 7 days ago? That you were checking? I only just a little while ago …an hour or so) got this.

1 Like